1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Peaceful or relaxing Spot to Sit in the Parks

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Are there any spots in the parks that are peaceful or relaxing that you can sit and watch the world go by.

We like to sit in Sunset Blvd and people watch, I know it's not peaceful, but it is relaxing :)
  2. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

I love to sit in Sunset Blvd too. :)

One of our favourite spots is on a bench beside the Sassagoula river at Port Orleans French Quarter. Perfect bliss.
  3. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

We always go in August so we rarely sit anywhere that isnt shaded. My favourite has to be at Starring Rolls on Sunset Boulevard. Because it is at an 'intersection' I get to watch the people coming and going in all directions as well as eat a delicious cupcake. In the Can productions are often acting while we are there so we enjoy that too.

Mags
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I have never been to POR :anxious: but it sounds lovely.
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We normally do a spot of people watching with a coffee in the seating area opposite Ghiradelli`s at DTD. There are umbrellas over the tables for shade and it`s fun watching unsuspecting folks getting jets of water sprayed onto them by Stitch as they enter the Disney store. :yes:
  6. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Oh, and our evening favourite is at the tables beside Capn Jack's margarita shack. A nice cold drink, the lights bouncing off the water and the buzz of the crowds. Lovely.
  7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

In the evening, on the benches close to the Epcto fountain... its nice to watch peoiple leave the park, and also, the fountain show is great and no one stops for it!
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We like to sit alllll the way up at the top of Japan at the small outside dining area next to Yaki Tori House. :yes: It's so peaceful there and quiet...

Also, we like to sit at Morocco... Either along the fountain or at the cafe.

Germany too, facing the water. Calm and peaceful and quite often shady.

For more quietness, down by the water near the UK. It's so nice there!!

For watching people and being shady (usually) we like the walkway between the IG and the top of the hill between the UK and the bridge to France. We also like to people watch over by the Outpost at those little umbrella covered tables. :yes:

For peaceful and serene and shady we like the area behind Flame Tree BBQ in AK. :yes:
  9. susanm

susanm Imagineer

At MK I grab a snack and sit on a rocking chair next to the Liberty tree Tavern, in Epcot, again, grab a schoolbread at Norway and sit at a table in the covered area next to the shop, Studios again (anyone see a pattern ) grab a snack and grab a table on sunset blvd... AK is more difficult, less comfy places to sit.. where ever a spot can be found...
  10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I people watch anywhere and everywhere :)

I am currently people watching at the upscale outdoor mall Lots of doggies here :)
  11. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

ooohh.. we like the rocking chairs near the photo centre at MK or sometime we sit on tomorrow transit or something like that just to chill out and we do the same for the stream railway too :yes:
  12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes! Both of those (the TTA, or People Mover as some of us old timers call it) and the Train are great ways to relax and still be entertained. :yes:
  13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Funny, but this post makes me particularly "homesick" today. Perhaps it's because of the hectic schedule I've kept this week, or perhaps it's because "people watching" and just "absorbing" is one of my favorite activities at WDW.

I have many of the same places as others - Starring Rolls Bakery, the Writer's Stop, almost ANY location in the World Showcase. I also love to sit on the benches just inside the IG, and the big, round, bench that encircles the tree just outside of Tusker House - I love to listen to the live music there. But my favorite spot of all - is In EPCOT, just as you're on your way out, there's a little "alcove" on the left and inside there are concrete benches that surround four or five large light displays in the ground. It's quite secluded and not overly publicized, so it's usually quite empty. Since discovering it when the kids were quite small we have stopped in on every visit. We sit and listen to the last strains of Illuminations while watching the crowds exit. Years ago, the kids would play in the lights - dancing about like so many Faeries...but now they often prefer to sit quietly with me talking about our trip, our lives, or nothing at all. It is absolutely and without a doubt, my happy place.
  14. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I LOVE writer cafe it one of! Favourite cafe in the whole WDW!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2