1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pepper Market

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Britchick, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

is this really a counter service restaurant on the dining plan? it seems quite expensive. Anyone eaten there recently? i seem to remember there was some weird thing with a tip there? thanks

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Don't know about the DDP, but yes, the tip is included, and since it really is a counter service place, many folks object to that.

I believe it's operated/managed by a company other than WDW, but I don't know where I heard that (or if it's even valid).

I know you can have the tip taken off by talking to a manager, but really who wants to do that? :sigh:

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yeah :( real pain it is too.

It actually has a really nice selection of foods that you don't see in other counter service places but the whole place feels undisneylike in its attitudes. How much that bothers you is a personal thing of course.

The tip is crazy since you order and wait for your food at little islands then you order your drink but instead of giving it to you they walk over with it. Pretty crazy but apparently it justifies the tip being auto-added when you checkout.

It's not a huge deal, I should just get over it :lol: but it's just Bleurgh!

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

If I remember correctly they did not put in there the tip when I got the meal to go.

I love the food there! The nachos are delicious and so is the bourbon chicken! :yes:

5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I believe that's correct, if you take the food to sit outside there is no tip. And yes it's owned by an outside vendor

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

The gratuity added however, is only 10%, not the 18% added most other places.

7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Perhaps I'm the lone dissenter on this topic, but I have to say...I'm not a huge fan of Pepper Market. Like Keith said, it has a very "unDisneylike" feel to it...and it seems quite disorganized to me. The food is "ok" but not great and I always seem to feel discombobulated when I'm there...

Just my personal opinion though :)

8. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

The new breakfast and lunch buffet at the Pepper Market at Disney's Coronado Springs is set to open on December 4th. Dinner will remain the same at both locations with Maya Grill to get a new menu towards the end of the year. Breakfast & Lunch Buffet will be a counter service credit redemption and not a table service credit redemption.

9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Thank you for the update