1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pet Services at WDW

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Faythstar, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Not sure if this was the right place for this or not...

Has anyone had any experience with boarding your dogs/cats with the Best Friends Pet Services at Disney World? We were thinking of bringing my cousin and her new husband and my aunt with us on our upcoming trip and my aunt has a small dog that she didn't want to leave back home. She's never boarded him anywhere, but I feel like Disney is somewhere you could trust to really take care of your babies! I was curious if she would be able to visit him sometime during the day if she wanted, too. I couldn't find the answer to that on any of the websites I looked at, but I sort of thought that wouldn't be a problem.

The 3 of them were looking at renting a house so they would be able to keep the dog with them, but I told them this wasn't the best idea because a) you miss out on the awesomeness of Disney resorts, and b) you have to rely on shuttle buses (which my DH and I had terrible experiences with on our honeymoon) or pay for parking at the parks everyday which really adds up. Me, my husband, and my mom were all planning on staying at the Art of Animation Resort, and were really looking forward to it. I just think it would be so much easier if we all stayed at the same place!

I'd be grateful to anyone who has input on this! Thank you!

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have not had any personal experience with the pet resort. Strangely enough I don't know anyone who has used it. Hmm.

I enjoy the theming of the resorts. Personally, I'm happier staying off site in a condo and driving. I have an annual pass so parking is free for me. Plus whenever I stayed on site I still drove. If I had to pay for parking I would just factor that into the cost of my stay.

3. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Parking definitely wouldn't be free for us, lol.

For us, it's just a part of the experience not to have to drive when we don't have to. We just stick around the Disney compound and take it easy. It allows us to get to the parks earlier without having to wake up too too early and then drive there, and to stay for the nighttime shows and then go to bed not long after, without having to take a lengthier drive back to the room. It's just always been best for us.

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I like doing both Faythstar and we spent our December vacation solely onsite, no car. I seem to think there would be no problem with visiting, they may dictate the times though. Just one thing if you have no car, how would you get to the kennels on a daily basis? As far as I know there is no transportation to them

5. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I mean, we do have our car, we just don't tend to use it much. I know for this trip we're also planning to spend a couple days for Universal so we would have our cars for that as well, I just hate having to park at the parks. It's always so much more to walk back to when your feet are tired and seems like extra money it seems silly to spend when you could just use their transportation on site. That's just me, though.

6. Johnie

Lol I'm exactly the opposite! I think it's so much quicker to use my car. I Shasta have a seat and can turn the ac on full blast.

7. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Haha! It's a good thing Disney can accommodate everyone! Funny how we're all different. :)

I think my aunt is pretty stuck on staying off-site, so we'll probably just meet up at the parks each day. And that's totally fine! I just hope they are able to make it with us.

8. Johnie

Indeed :). Is your aunt going to have a car?

9. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Yes. If everything works out the way I hope it will, my husband and my mom and I will have one car, and my cousin and her husband and my aunt will have a second car. So that should work out fine. It would be my aunt and my cousin's new husband first time at Disney, and my cousin's second time (but honestly I don't think her first time counts. She was only there for a few hours the first time, and only saw Magic Kingdom!).