1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pete's Dragon dvd question

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Tx_Belle, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Tx_Belle

Tx_Belle Earning my ears

So we bought Pete's Dragon today, and I have to ask...

Others who have this movie, is the video quality really bad on your dvd? On ours it looks terrible. I mean really, really bad. I'm beginning to wonder if it was pirated. (Bought it at Walmart for about $20).

I just read a review on someone's site. They said: "Video quality was strong to quite strong, with the film's colorful palette presented clearly and sharply. I was pleasantly surprised by the overwhelmingly satisfactory transfer."

All I can ask is if we're really talking about the same movie. :thumbsdown:

PLEASE let me know what your Pete's Dragon dvd looks like. If this dvd I bought today is pirated, I'm gonna do my darndest to get a refund or store credit.

Thanks for any input.

2. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

TxBelle, this is going to seem like a "duh"-level question (please make allowances for the fact that I'm blonde, LOL)...have you checked that your DVD player works well on other DVDs you own?
    No new DVD should play poorly unless it's scratched or the optical scanner thingama-jig inside the DVD is dusty or damaged. I'd bring it back and try another copy if you're sure it's not the player. Maybe even buy from another store just to see if that helps?

3. Tx_Belle

Tx_Belle Earning my ears

No, it's nothing like that. I definitely think it's pirated now. I learned tonight that this will be the second (or 3rd) time we've bought a pirated dvd there. :furious: