1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

pets whilst you're away?

Discussion in 'General' started by chipndale, Sep 15, 2010.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

Does anyone else really really miss their pets when they go to disney :( how do you lesson it?

Ive thought about getting a webcam so we can look whilst we're away although now I type it it does sound a bit silly perhaps

am I the only one?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We don't have pets any longer, but I can say yes. We missed our's when we were gone for any length of time. Not so sure about the webcam though... it would depend upon the "pet care giving" set up we had in place for when we were gone.

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I miss Arthur tons. We are very co-dependent. In fact, I usually tear up if I have to take him to be boarded for some reason. I usually end up calling and checking up on him to see how he's doing.

Some newer kennels have "suites" with webcams. But I can't afford those.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Our cat Cookie probably misses us more than we miss her. Donna said that during these last 4 days while I was in the hospital that Cookie was looking all over for me.

5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

I don't know about anyone else but I need a clean break so to speak! If I could see them it would be worse for me. We have a very good kennel here and I trust them thank goodness. But I miss him big time when we're gone!:yes:

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I am not allowed to mention our pets while I vacation or I get in trouble. :unsure:

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

While we had the dogs, we didn't vacation unless we took them with us. They were our kids and I just couldn't put them in kennels and two large dogs were a lot to ask anyone else to look after at home.

We even went on honeymoon way back (way, way back) with the dog we had at the time :lol:

8. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I'm very lucky as my Cousin looks after our cat while we are away and if we take our laptop with us we Sype her and we get to see him.

9. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

I am quite lucky with our house cat Ruby, as my mum comes over every day to feed her, although Ruby refuses to interact with her and just spits and swears at my mum, hahaha

We now have a new puppy and thankfully mum has agreed to have her at her home for the two weeks we will be away Jan/Feb. This is a HUGE weight off my mind as I was really struggling to find someone I trust to board her with.