1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

petting zoos?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by wishonastar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

I think someone said there is one at disney?

Are there any zoos either petting or proper close to disney?

Someone in the office just shouted the animal kingdom :lol: which I know but I mean anywhere else
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

There is a petting portion within AK. It's at the Conservation Station also called, Rafiki's Planet Earth.

There is a large petting zoo somewhere in Kissimmee... :unsure: (Gosh, I'm helpful, aren't I)? :rolleyes:

There is the Central Florida Zoo, and one on the east coast in Brevard county.

Issy will be along soon, I'm sure. She is our Animal expert on all things zooey and otherwise animal related. :yes:
  3. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

Do I remember a little petting place at FW? I'm sure we took DGD there on our very first visit
  4. Tink

Oh, I think you are right, Piglet! :yes: I forget about that one. :sorry:
  5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

You have a couple of petting zoos/areas as Tink mentioned...there is a portion of Animal Kingdom called the Affection Section. Here, kids and adults will love getting so close to a variety of friendly animals including llamas and pigs. Ask one of the staff and they will be happy to give you a brush to show you the correct way to groom the goats and sheep too. This is the only place you will get to touch animals at the park. Stay as long as you like and if you have small kids, this area offers wonderful photo opportunities. There are hand washing facilities on your way out!! :lol:

There is also a petting farm in Kissimmee called Green Meadows. A two-hour guided farm tour gives everyone a chance to touch the pigs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, donkeys, and more. The goal is to teach children and adults about farm animals in a country environment while everyone has fun. Every visitor has an opportunity to try their hand at milking a cow. Hayrides, pony rides, and an express train ride keep even the littlest visitors entertained for hours.

As for zoos, the nearest will be the Central Florida Zoo in Sanford which is open daily from 9am to 5pm.
  6. Tink

Green Meadows! That's the place! See? I knew Issy would know. :yes:

Thanks Isafari!!