1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

PhotoPass+

Discussion in 'General' started by Shellyamc, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

One quick question for the "+" option. In order to have the dinner photos added to your + card, you need to buy the package, right? Other than the Castle and Princess Breakfast (which include the package), I'm thinking you need to buy them first, but I can't really tell from the description.

2. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

The plus is great you can add resturant photo's (only certain resturants have the facility) and also attraction photo's to the exisiting pass.

It's great because you don't have to carry a camera!

I really think it's worth the extra money!

3. Badlydrawnkel

Badlydrawnkel Addicted to Mickey

I have received mine this week. I did lots of reading on this site and thought it was the best package for our family trip :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We always do the luau and hoop dee doo shows and photo packages there are 25-30 on their own. I THINK they're free with photopass+ so it can easily add up to being very worthwhile I think

One thing I noticed when I was out in May was people at the shows werent down as having photopass+ (and therefore free photo package) even though they should have been. I spoke to the photopass people about it just as a casual thing and they said there are quite a lot of problems at the moment. They're getting a lot of "mis scans" on the photopass cards where you hand the card to the photographer and it doesnt actually scan properly so the photos don't get added. Of course this is always going to be a really serious issue for people but they're getting really killed by the photopass sharing because rather than having to try and find 10 unattributed photos for a family, they're getting people saying ok we reckon 220 are missing from different days with different families and so on. (she said they're looking into ways to "fix" the sharing issue)

Anyway, moral is to try and check that your card is properly scanned. A bit easier said than done but perhaps a quick "i've had problems with this card, has it definitely scanned?" may be worthwhile

5. Shellyamc

Thanks guys - great info! What I was more or less trying to get at is if when we go to Chef Mickey's (for example) do I have to pay the $25 for the photo package and then have it added to my + card, or do they include that package as part of my purchase price?

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You don't get the same package you do if you paid $25.

All you get are the photos added to your Photopass+ card, you don't get folders or the photos printed, you have to print them yourself.

7. keith

Really? I thought with photopass+ you ended up getting a print as well at the dinners shows etc... didn't realise it was just they're added to the card. I suppose that's ok in a way as printing them later is easy enough

8. Wendy

As far as I know, that's how I understand it, I'm going to have to go and double check now :lol:

9. keith

Im sure you're right, it's how I read it too :yes:

10. Wendy

Well this is the reply on their site:

So you might be right Keith you may still get the package as well. I will send an email to them to ask them and see what reply I get :)

11. keith

gawd it's annoying trying to get definitive information isn't it? THAT'S What I read but when I looked just now all I could find is "Character dining locations offering PhotoPass (tableside photo purchase is required to add the photos to your PhotoPass card)"

but when I was at the hoop dee doo, those people were complaining that they had to pay for the pictures when they had photopass+ and the lady said yes youre right, it should have registered that and you get one photo pack for free

I was using that as partial price justification since the photo packs run to $25-$35 each

12. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I was under the impression they were just added to the card....

13. Shellyamc

:lol: I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused!

I really couldn't tell if I could automatically add the pictures from dinner to the card, or if I had to pay for the package. At least nobody else can understand Disney speak either :D

14. Wendy

I've emailed them Shelly so I'll let you know what their reply says as soon as I receive it.

15. Shellyamc

Thank you Thank you!! I hope the answer is in English ;)

16. Wendy

Hopefully it will make sense. I've been away for a few days and haven't checked my emails yet, but I'll get back as soon as I can.

17. Wendy

I've had a reply and it's good news :happydance: :happydance:

The reply said:

At this time, guests who participate in PhotoPass+ receive a PhotoPrint package when they dine at the participating dining locations. You may also claim these images to your DisneyPhotoPass.com account by registering the 16-digit code that is printed on the large image that is given to you at the restaurant.

Please note that our prices, promotions, and special offers are subject to change at any time without notice.

If you dine at Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom or Akerhaus at Epcot, the PhotoPrint package is included with your meal, even if you do not have PhotoPass+.

So basically for example, if you dine at Chef Mickeys you get the optional photo package if you have a Photopass+ and you can also add them to your photopass cd.

It's an even better options than I thought it was :yes: :D

18. Shellyamc

Hooray :bounce:

It is never good news with these things :lol:

I was leaning toward the PhotoPass +, but now I will go ahead and order it today. We are eating at most of the places on the list, so it will come in very handy for us!!

19. Shellyamc

I just read on in a facebook group that the PhotoPass+ option also includes pictures from the Pirates League! :mental:

I looked it up and in the official Disney Q & A it says the same thing. I'm not sure about BBB, but this is a huge bonus for us :yes: