1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

photopass?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by pigletpete, Jun 28, 2009.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Can someone tell me how photopass works? We've just never used it but I hear that if we order a cd in advance we can get money off? Do we pay per photopass photo or what?

Also I've been reading here about the resort photopass but thats separate but can be added on or something

confused :unsure:

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

There are photopass photographers all over the parks. They will take your pictures for free. They give you a card that holds them. You can put them all on one card or have as many cards as you want (we sometimes forget we have them).

You can purchase prints individually but that can be very pricey. The most economical way is to purchase the CD. Right now if you pre-order, it's right about $100. Otherwise, it is $149.95. The CD includes all of your photos. You can go to the photopass website and add borders and autographs to the pics. It's pretty neat. There is no limit to how many pictures you can have.

Yes, the resort photoshoots are now separate.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We never seem to get more than a handful of photos :/ perhaps we're not trying hard enough

How do you all maximise the number of photos?

4. Johnie

We go up to every single one and get a picture. They usually take a couple of pictures at each one. Now that they have been putting the photographers in random spots, there is opportunity for lots of photos other than the usual ones in front of the park icon.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

thanks Johnie! I guess we're just not looking out for them enough. We usually spot the ones at the park entrance but not much after that

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Oh my goodness.....don't you do the character photos either then Keith? :donaldtap:

7. firenice

firenice Earning my ears

The first time we used PhotoPass we started out shy. After awhile, I realized that they where more than willing to try new ideas. I have great shots of my son messing around the Muppet fountain. Now, I just walk up to them, hand them my card, and tell them I want some unique photos too. It was actually more fun that way...less poses...more natural shots. If you prepay for the CD you can change your mind if you come home and disapprove of the photos taken and get your money back.

8. Johnie

Good point about the refund firenice!

I like the idea of telling them what poses you want. I find most of the photographers are interested in getting the best shots for you.

9. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Gawd... anyone would think this is a Disney site wif all these questions.... ;)

10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

is there a time limit for phographers?

say.. you walk up to oine and ask for fun/different/natural/ whatever pics... how long can that particular photographer spend with you?

11. Johnie

I don't think there is a time limit per se. I do know that if you are standing in front of the castle and there is a line.....they will do a couple of shots and be done with you. If your standing somewhere and there is no line, you could be there quite awhile.