Photos Day 2

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Dec 22, 2014.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Active Member

Retired NYPD Detective
    View attachment 18689 View attachment 18690 View attachment 18691 View attachment 18692 View attachment 18693 View attachment 18694 View attachment 18695 View attachment 18696 Today we got off to a late start. We arrived at MK Around noon and headed over to Starbucks and grabbed some coffee before heading over to Tomorrowland. We did Carousel of Progress, Buzz,Space and Tge Laugh Factory. We then headed to Columbia House for lunch which was delicious. After lunch we watched the Christmas Parade. The parade was awesome and it was great to see something new that we haven't seen in all of our trips. After the parade was over we did HM,Alladin and pirates before heading to the 7 Dwarfs.Mind you it already had started to rain very hard but we plowed thru . When we arrived at 7 Dwarfs the rain had appeared to have subsided. The ride had been shut down for an undisclosed amount time but was about to re-open. Due to the closure the line for FP holders was very very long but we got on it and hoped for the best. When we got on the line our BOG dinner reservation was in 40 minutes so we figured we had time. As we approached the portion of the line that is inside it started to drizzle.We were on the ride a few minutes later. As soon as we entered the portion of the ride that goes outside it was pouring ice cold rain that pelted the heck out of us. We were hysterical and completely soaked to the bone as we got off of the ride. Our reservation time was an that very moment so we ran to BOG checked in and luckily for me I had a sweatshirt and jogging pants in my backpack in case it got cold. I put dry clothes on and by the time I came out out of the restroom our table was ready. I had the potato leek soup and we all shared the cheese and meat platter. I had the steak frites for dinner. I also had a glass of merlot with my meal. Everything was spot on from the appetizers to dessert and the service was great. After dinner we got a FP for JINGLE Cruise which had a Christmas spin to it. After the cruise we did POC and the Little Mermaid ride before heading back to the hotel. By the time we got to our room it was 1030 pm, I asked the Mrs if she would like to join me for a drink or two at Jellyrolls and 10 minutes later we were there for the very first time. It was a hoot, the piano players were very talented and played music from every genre and from every decade in the lay 60 years s. Our bar bill was outrageous. With the cover charge and drinks including the tip our bill was just under 200 dollars.note to self - pregame at the hotel room before going to Jellyrolls. All in all we had a great day and our trip so far is off to a wonderful start.

Attached Files:

2. BUTTERHEAD1

Retired NYPD Detective
    View attachment 18697 By the way for the fourth time I was THAT GUY at the minters Laugh Factory. It's hysterical that I keep getting chosen. My daughter said its because my head is the size of a planet so I stick out. Gotta love her .

Attached Files:

3. BUTTERHEAD1

Retired NYPD Detective
    Tomorrow is Epcot and Teppen Edo.... Perhaps a margarita or two as well

4. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

clerical
    What a great day by the sound of it. Loved the parade. Keep 'em coming. Loving what I've seen so far :yes:

5. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    hows the camera doing :)

6. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

Great photos and it sounds like a great day. $200 at Jelly rolls sounds awfully steep. We've never been there and that might scare us off for good.

7. BUTTERHEAD1

Retired NYPD Detective
    John it was a bit over th top expensive. There was a 12$ cover charge for each of us. I had 7 Sam Adams and the wife had 6 margaritas and before w left we each had a Baileys. The check was 139 I gave a 30 dollar tip. $24+169=193 dollars. My wife said the margaritas were very light in regards to the alcohol content. The place was about 25% occupied. I would go back for sure maybe even on this trip but I would pregame at my hotel and sip my drinks at Jellyrolls. The piano players were all great and it was a lot of fun.

8. BUTTERHEAD1

Retired NYPD Detective
    View attachment 18698 Keith I like the quality of the photos the camera is taking. I just leave it on the superior auto setting and snap away. I transfer them to my IPhone and edit them before posting. Here is my newest photo.... Guess where I am sitting

Attached Files:

9. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The rain yesterday was horrible. Hope you are having better luck today. It's hard for me to tell if it's raining in WDW. Sometimes it's pouring here and dry as a bone there.

Jellyrolls is very pricey! It has a good reputation for being fun though. Glad you enjoyed your time there!

(Your daughter cracks me up)!

10. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The photos are really good BH, and I'm loving hearing about your trip.

It does seem rather expensive at Jellyrolls :thud: but you sound like you had a good time :yes:

11. robertcraig

robertcraig Well-Known Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Love jelly rolls a great fun night