1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pin guy at EPCOT

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by BigThunder, Jan 23, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Saw this dude coming from afar as we were inside the exit area of the meet 'n greet section in Future World. At first I was a tad bit frightened but he ended up being just a nice guy who REALLY REALLY liked to show off his pin collection. His coat with the sleeves cut off had pins covering it front & back. Imagine how heavy this was! And keep in mind this was in JULY!!

[​IMG]
  2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Yup, I've seen him before , BT . Theres also a guy & gal that walk along with huge vests like that . Real, Nice People ! The guy that you show attends the pin events .
  3. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

He was very sweet & didn't mind us taking his picture. Of course, you come to EPCOT dressed like that I guess you are looking for a little attention & some conversation, lol. I can't tote around a lanyard all day because my neck hurts, i just can't imagine that coat!
  4. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

awww, i bet he loves the attention! :yes:
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Wow that must be very heavy - I would be worried about losing them - or is there an insiders way of securing them better? Those rubber Mickey backs seem to fall of all the time.

He looks like a really sweet man :yes:
  6. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

He was, I felt kinda sorry for him after he left. Idk, I just had a feeling he was lonely. My whole gang sure ooh'd & ahhh'd over his pins enough to make his day tho!

Yes, those rubber mickey's do fall off. Not as bad as the old/original metal backing but still, my husband loses at least 1 or 2 pins every trip. I'm not sure if those locking ones do any better or not. I bought him some for xmas one year & he never got around to trying them.