1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pin help - but not for me!

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by catrancher, Jun 7, 2009.

1. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

My daughter and her family are going to WDW on June 19th. They'll be staying at the All-Star Sports. She and I have discussed that she'd like to get my grandsons (age 9 and 7) started with pin trading.

I, being the ever vigilant grandpa, would like to surprise each of them with a pin set or two and a lanyard when they arrive on site. Have the pins waiting for them at the hotel desk when they check in. That kind of thing.

Does anyone know if I can pre-arrange anything like this through Guest Services or... ? :questionmark:

Tom :)macwave:... who's unsure since he doesn't do pins himself :unsure:)
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`d have loved to help out here Tom.
    I would have gladly sorted out some pins and a lanyard for them and taken them personally to their resort BUT as we won`t arrive `till late on the 18th June, the chances are that they will have already checked into the resort by the time we could sort things out for the following day.
    Any idea what time they would be likely to arrive there? Maybe it could be arranged in time?
  3. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

What about ordering through one of the buy it now links on e-bay and see if the seller can ship it to you fast. Then because of the time frame maybe you should just have your daughter take them with her and surprise the kids with them from "grandpa" :yes:
  4. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Im sure you can call the shop at the resort and they'll allow you to buy the pin set and deliver them to the front desk, the problem will be not knowing the room they'll be in otherwise you could have asked them to deliver direct to the room and they would have done that for you
  5. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

Can't help with your question but I have heard at my local Disney store that the new Disney pins they are selling are going down really well out in Florida as they can't get them over there. Prices here start from £3.00 per pin. I am going to get some put away for my next trip in 2010 to swap. Might be an idea if you really can't get them delivered for them in the resort.

Pins | Core Edition | Disney Store UK
  6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Tom, I`ve just sent you a pm!
  7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Thanks all for the suggestions!

I think a solution may be in sight thanks to my good friend Slowhand! :thumbsup: PM backatcha, Terry! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... pins? What pins? I didn't see any pins!)
  8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

:)

Im sure Terry will pick some gorgeous pins :)