1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pina Colada Tour - The Highlights - Part 2

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Beccaberry, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Sunday we’re up bright and early as Johnie has somehow managed to talk us into doing EMH at Magic Kingdom this morning. Now, we’ve never, ever, not once, taken advantage of early morning entry. I’m a firm believer that while I’m on vacation, I wake up whenever I darn well wake up. But, hey, it’s Johnie…and I’d pretty much do anything for that girl. In addition to the fact that she is my BFF, she is also brilliant (what can I say, I’m smart enough to know when I’m in the presence of brilliance). She is the bargain queen, the Disney guru, and over the years I have learned to never question her expert opinion. So, Johnie tells us that if we get to the Magic Kingdom early, we can ride everything we want and be done by noon. And, as always, Johnie is right. We arrive at the Magic Kingdom around 9:00 am and head straight over to Fantasyland to start making the rounds…Snow White, Peter Pan, It’s a Small, Scary World…you know the drill…even a hidden Mickey thrown in for good measure…

[​IMG]

All in all a typical day in the Magic Kingdom
    Except it’s not.
    Because as we *all* know there is *never* such a thing as “typical” when it comes to Disney…
    :pixiedust: :pixiedust:
    As we are exiting Peter Pan we realize something magical is happening. There, standing by the exit are two members of the Dream Team and they’re handing out DREAM FAST PASSES!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

We very excitedly accept our Fastpasses and chatter on for quite some time about our good fortune; dismissing the fact that Fastpasses really aren’t even *necessary* at the park since we’ve not waited more than five minutes for *any* ride since we arrived. But that’s not really the point, now is it? :wink: We also spend a few minutes discussing the crazy lady that was harassing the Dream Team by stuffing her outstretched hand in their face demanding *her* Fastpass, though she had *not* come out of the exit, and had probably never even ridden Peter Pan. :slap:

Be gone from here you bitter woman. :tongue0011-1:

On around Fantasyland we go…stopping to watch the “Sword in the Stone” show…Jon is called upon to attempt to remove the sword from its stone…but even though this *is* FANTASYland…he’s not quite strong enough to budge the sword. (Ah well darling, you’re still *my* Prince Charming :hug2: )

[​IMG]

Around the hub we go…over to Frontierland where we ride Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We use our Fastpasses…not that we need to, but we do :wink:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next, over to the Haunted Mansion. I *LOVE* the new additions to this ride. And for the first time ever, I see the “official” hidden Mickey. Rockin’. :p015:

[​IMG]

We continue through the park, stopping at The Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. As we turn the corner in the Pirates queue, we find Jack Sparrow and one of his shipmates engaging in mischief. After pausing briefly to sort out if they were real or animatronic, I quickly snapped a photo of them which they were happy to pose for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ultimately we head over to Tomorrowland where we ride Space Mountain before calling it an early day as we had the Grand Gathering Safari that evening at Animal Kingdom…

2. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I immediately saw the ew hidden Mickey..I was so excited!

I need to come when you girls are there!

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

:hug2: I love it! I hate getting up early but it ALWAYS works for MK. I noticed it worked for Epcot as well.....

Great pics and it was SO cool to see Capt Jack in the queue!

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Great report with fab photos :yes: Can'at wait to hear what you think of your GG Safari tonight! Hoping for photos :p015:

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i can't get over how grown up Andrew looks Anne!!

6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

The pic of your DD & DS on splash mountain is great... WE WANT MORE TRIP REPORTS!

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

definitely need more trip reports please :D