1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Piri Piri sauce

Discussion in 'Other Recipes' started by Florida Deals, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Florida Deals

Florida Deals Forum Advertiser

Hi looking to make fresh Piri Piri sauce but the only one I have found in mny books is Jamie Oliver one but does not look that good it states lemons and I thought you would use limes.

If anyone has any good receipes please post them
    Thanks
  2. chief

chief Earning my ears

sorry i usually buy mine in a bottle. have you googled it to get some diffferent recipes? i will ask around x
  3. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I've made this before:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td>4 chilli peppers, cleaned and finely chopped</td> </tr> <tr> <td>juice of one Lemon</td> </tr> <tr> <td>3 cloves of garlic, minced</td> </tr> <tr> <td>one tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, (optional) </td> </tr> <tr> <td>one tablespoon Paprika </td> </tr> <tr> <td>4 tablespoons of Olive Oil </td> </tr> <tr> <td>1 teaspoon Salt</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Pop it all in a blender and blend to make a paste, boil/cook it for a few minutes and then leave it in a sealed container/jar for a week. The flavours did come out quite a bit. I still prefer the Nando's bottled stuff though- I think it's because it's allowed to sit in the bottle for so long the flavours from the spices get more pronounced rather than just a wave of heat you get with the freshly made stuff.
  4. BrandaClark

BrandaClark Earning my ears

Wow this seems to be a useful recipe also looks so simple and easy to make quickly as well. I am really looking forward to experience the new “Piri Piri sauce”.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">