1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pixiedust....does it happen?

Discussion in 'General' started by Isafari, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Have you ever been in a WDW (or any other main) park and some one has gone out of their way to help you, guest or CM? Have they done something that makes you smile and think "wow, magic does happen"
  2. Britchick

Britchick Forum Host Forum Host

yes but these experiences have happened when i haven't been paying extra for things - in fact when we stayed concierge i was very disapointed in the service we recieved.
  3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

When we were at CSR, we were on the beach trying to set the camera to take a photo of us together. A CM, who was gardening close by, put down her tools and came over. She then spent 10 minutes setting up and taking a wonderful photo of us sitting beside the lake. It is one of the best photos of us together that we have. It certainly made our stay more magical. :thumbsup:
  4. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

Not only have we had CM's do this but also other vacationers :) Every trip has had so many of those Magical moments it's hard to put your finger on one. Right now though...the one that brings tears to my eyes was on my birthday. She may have been 5 and really shy...she hid behind her Daddys leg and had him wish me a Happy birthday...and then she came over and gave me a birthday hug. That was the best moment ever!!! Then we had that sweet CM that waited so paitiently for me to come out of the ladies room to wish me a happy birthday on behalf of the staff with a little chocolate cake. That was really really nice :)

I've had other vacationers see me in distress because of my back and go out of thier way to help me find a place to sit down for a minute. I am always so surprised when others have had a bad experience in WDW because of these little things that happen to us , for us and with us. My son has helped ppl on and off rides, picked up things they dropped and ran after them to get it to them..I've witnessed my Husband go out of his way to help a CM find thier smiles after other vacationers forget thier manners and behave like animals twords them. I have help ppl find that pin, or doll they were looking for. Spread the dust and get the dust inreturn I always say :)
  5. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I remember in Disney Hollywood Studios we turned up an hour early for our fast pass by accident... we said sorry to the cast member, but she called us back and let us on The rock 'n' rollercoaster anyway :yes:
  6. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

We had finished a meal at Citricos when member of concierge staff saw us and started chatting. We said we were off down to the boat launch to watch Wishes and he said he had a better idea.

He took us up in lift to Concierge level and led us out to the private dining balcony which was empty. He told us to take a seat and waiter came and asked us what we would like to drink (complimetary). We were then left there alone to watch Electric Water Pageant from the right and Castle/Wishes from our left....Perfect :)
  7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Wow....magical :yes:
  8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Yes! Dh and I were at POR to do the carriage ride and have our anniversary dinner. We then had to get a bus back to MK (which was thisclose to closing for the night) and then get another bus back to the All Stars. We were tired, but not much you can do. We were the only people in line to go to the MK, so our bus driver couldn't help but ask why we were headed there when it was so near closing time. We told him why and he winced and mentioned how looooong the lines were going to be for a bus. Yep, we knew. He told us to wait for a moment and got on his cell phone. After a bit of chatting he got back on the bus and told us that his shift was nearly over and his boss said it would be alright if he just took us back to the All Stars!! :mental: He chatted the entire way back and wished us a very Happy Anniversary as we got off the bus.

It may not have been much, but he put the "Disney magic" in our Anniversary night :yes:
  9. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Serious Forum Regular

I have provided some magic on our trips.

I gave some free cinema tickets to a couple waiting in front of us at DTD and a Pirate outfit to a boy we saw on a Disney bus when we were on our way to teh Pirate and Princess Party.His Mum asked us where we were going all dressed up and decided to try and get some tickets.I gave her our room number and told her to phone me if she got some and the boy collected the outfit from us the next day.They never did say thank you though :(

The night that Jack got lost at MK we were very late out of the park and i panicked when i realised the resort buses stopped an hour after closing.We were the only ones stood at the stop for ASMo.We saw a bus in the distance which said 'out of service' and no sooner as we had stopped at the ASMo sign the bus driver changed his status and we had our own private bus back 'home'.
  10. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Also one evening when we were having a meal at H&V in the Studios a young American boy, about 7 years old, came over to our table and politely said he wanted to give my DS a gift which his mum had just bought for him in one of the shops. It was inside a Disney plastic bag and I had no idea what it was. I tried to politely refuse then his mum came over and begged us to keep it - her DS had been watching my DS sitting in his wheelchair, happily playing whilst we had dinner (my DS does not eat) and had told her what he wanted to do and she told him to go ahead.

We had a chat and reluctantly, but gratefully accepted his kind offer and we said our goodbyes. Inside the bag was a Capt Jack Sparrow model which is now in DS bedroom and everytime I see it I remember a random act of kindness from a complete stranger.

That's the Disney magic :)