1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Places to eat

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort and California Adventure' started by Mandy, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Mandy

Mandy Earning my ears

Can anyone recommend anywhere around the Anaheim area to have a nice meal? :unsure:

2. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

I may need to know this soon too :wiggle: anyone?

3. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

I wish I could help... The last time we were there we stayed on site and ate all our meals there.

4. premier travel

premier travel Forum Advertiser

You will probably find they have Outback, TGI's Olive Garden etc. When wer were in Vagas we went to Outback and the servers were shocked we knew about them as they were off strip, but I can smell out an Outback for miles!

If you go onto the website of Outback, etc it will tell you their locations

5. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

hi Mandy,

We love Cafe TuTu Tango in florida and they have1 other branch in Orange, CA.
    Here is the link:- CAFE TU TU TANGO -- Orange, CA

It's very quirky and different - try the pears on pecan crisps - they are delicious

Sandra

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The area immediately around DL is very busy with many types of chain restaurants. If you like any of those you will be quite happy!

If you have any chance at all to travel away from the DL area, you will find a wealth of restaurants of all kinds, some chains of course and some excellent ones that are privately owned (or small local chains).

Pink's in Hollywood is a hot dog stand. :) It's famous for it's "dogs" and for its patrons. :yes: Studio types, and "movie stars" are frequent visitors there. It's a long line on the pavement (you'll stand for at least half an hour) but a fun place to visit if you are into that sort of thing.

When in Santa Monica we had the best meal of our lives (to date :D ) with Chef Josiah Citron at Melisse. That is quite some distance from the Anaheim area though, but it's worth every mile (and every considerable penny) and every dime spent.

7. Rico117

Rico117 Earning my ears

alright directly around Disneyland you have the Gardenwalk. brilliant atmosphere and food is everywhere. I'm pretty sure the Sheraton is very close by. at the Hilton Anaheim a new food court has opened and offers a bunch of chain restaurants. if you are anywhere in socal try and find a Chronic Taco if you appreciate mexican food. Definetly my favorite place to grab a bite to eat. DTD has other great offerings my favorite being Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen.

hope i have helped a little bit but its a lot of information.

8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

On site at Disneyland, check out the StoryTeller Cafe at the Grand Californian. It was a lovely way to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks without leaving the property. Not cheap, but pretty reasonable, depending on the items ordered.

Disneyland always was a day trip for us, so we rarely ate off site. Once we were in the park, we stayed in the park! :lol:

9. Rio

Rio Earning my ears

We love the Outback and Red Robin. Also when we were there in 2004, we were staying at the Hyatt Regency Orange County and at the back of there was a little restaurant that served the best pizza ever!!!
    Not been to Anaheim since the Gardenwalk opened but I've heard its really nice with some great places to eat.
    Love Rio

10. paulgraham

paulgraham Earning my ears

It's all mostly chain-type restaurants there. I think you'd do better eating in the park like at Pirate's of the Caribbean and Downtown Disney ;)