1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Places we tried for the first time....

Discussion in 'General' started by Isafari, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Paradiso 37 - Very nice chicken burger but I dont eat a lot of burgers and the rest of the menu didn't appeal.
    Macaroni Grill - For me, a nice change to the regular burger/steak/chicken places. I had the 'make your own' pasta and it was nice enough but the starter of bruschetta and their bread were really greasy. Plus it wasn't the cleanest restaurant! (We went to the one on the 192) More like a cafe.
    Millers Ale House - The waiter here was very informative of the dishes on the menu and did warn Dave that the steaks were not up to the standard of other steakhouses as they were a bar not a restaurant. Dave actually enjoyed his steak!
    Spice Road Table - One of the best/tastiest meals of the holiday for Dave, he REALLY enjoyed it. For me, having plain tastes, the only thing available was the omelet which was pretty tasteless.

Showcase of Citrus - We did the jumbo truck tour of the working farm. Josh, the grandson of the owner was our guide. He was very informative and a lot of fun. Best time to go is in the winter months if you want to actually take advantage of their scrummy fruits.
    Exotic Animal Experience - Spent a lovely morning here with Leslie the owner and her various animals.
    Revolution Off Road - Brilliant day which started off with a morning on the lake fishing for bass. We then had a picnic lunch followed by some archery which got quite competative between myself and Dave but he pipped me at the post with a 6 point lead. Then it was quad biking for two hours of muddy fun.
    Giraffe Ranch - Absolutely brilliant day here with lots of activities during our safari tour.

keith likes this.
  2. Isafari

Oh, how could I forget....Talking Mickey in Magic Kingdom
    We had a photo opportunity with talking Mickey as one of our FP options at MK (ended up doing this twice)
    It was so much fun. Mickey did some mind reading and card tricks for us. It was GREAT to actually be able to have a conversation with him. Photos weren't bad either :lol:

sarah likes this.
  3. sarah

sarah Addicted to Mickey

Can't wait to see some pictures
    It's always nice to something "new"
    As well as old favourites

4. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I'd love to hear more about the Revolution Off-Road experience, I've been contemplating it for some time. :)

5. Isafari

Owned by a British couple, this activities centre covers many acres of land and you can go fishing on the lake via boat, do a spot of archery, go flyboarding, get VERY dirty driving a quad bike etc. You can plan activities to last all day or an hour. Unfortunately, they have no eating facilities although they do have picnic tables and we took our own food and drink along in a coolbox. They do sell drinks and chips but that's it. There are toilet facilities.
    Staff are lovely and give you as much or little help that you need.
    We had a very enjoyable day and are planning on returning next summer. If you do more than one activity, you do get a 10% discount.

Attached Files:

Tony G likes this.