1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Planned Refurbishments to Dumbo, Big Thunder Mountain - More information

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I posted details of the refurbishments to these earlier today, but I have since found a little more information.

Dumbo the Flying Elephant is listed as closed from January 9th thru February 17th, 2012.

During this time, it is expected the older carousel will make the move to the Storybook Circus. Disney has already stated that the new carousel will open first, so we can expect that new Dumbo centrifuge will be in operation on February 18th as final modifications are made to the older ride once it is placed next door.

So it's looking like Dumbo will be the first attraction in New Fantasyland to open next year, probably followed closely by the Storybook Circus Train Station, The Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini, and the Casey Jr. Roundhouse in the same time frame.

The rumored Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment is no longer a rumor as Disney has it listed to begin on January 9th, 2012. The current end date is set for March 31st, but that is only because the Walt Disney World website calendar doesn’t cross that date as of yet.

During this refurbishment, an interactive queue is expected to be added. As well, the missing railroad tracks hiding the steel roller-coaster track will be returned and the falling rock scene will either be fixed or replaced. Other upgrades and changes are rumored but an not be confirmed at this time.

As soon as I hear more I'll let you know.

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

thank you so much :hug2:

I really hope we get to experience at least part of the new fantasyland next year!