1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Planning my 1st trip to WDW with 7 adults and 1 grandchild

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by deen, Sep 14, 2011.

1. deen

deen Earning my ears

Hello all,
    My grand daughter has been saving her pennies to go to Disney World for a year. She just turned 6 and just about gave up hope. My husband and I thought we would surprise her and our grown kids this christmas with a trip to WDW next year. Because my grand daughter is in school we will have to work around her schedule and my son will be getting married in April. I don't think summer will work for the newly weds. I was thinking the week of Thanksgiving because my grand daughter will have a whole week off of school and it would be a little cooler.

We definitely want to stay on site. The problem I am facing is finding afforadable (value) accomodations for 8 people, (7 adults). I was hoping to find a 2 room suite with 2 baths and a mini kitchen so we could all stay together. Are there any rental properties on site? Any suggestions? I am guessing there aren't many deals to be had around Thanksgiving?! I probably won't be ready to book until mid January (at the earliest) until I know for certain how many people will be able to come. How far in advance should I book our trip?

I know I have a lot of questions...I really do appreciate all the help I can get. I have NEVER been to Disney World. I am so excited!!!

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Onsite is a wonderful way to do Disney, but there are other options for lodging too. :yes:

Onsite you can look into a vacation home villa, or a Fort Wilderness cabin, or perhaps a family suite at one of the value resorts. I don't know if the family suite at a value resort will have the small kitchen.

Or, you can look offsite for a villa that will accommodate your group nicely, and afford all the amenities of a home.

One of our members here, Arkvilla is very well versed in renting villas, as is Malcolm another member.

Booking as soon as you know what you are doing and how many are going is the best bet. Thanksgiving week is busy, so it will fill in quickly.

By the way, WELCOME to Disney Secrets! It's great to have you with us.

Your questions are most welcome too. :yes: That's what we do here, answer questions and share information. :D

There are many members who are far better than I at planning stays at WDW. They'll be along shortly and offer their advice, too. :yes:

3. deen

deen Earning my ears

Thanks Tink! I really appreciate the input. I did check with the Wilderness Cabins as well as the value resorts. Most suite rooms can hold up to 6 guests but not more. I may just do a suite and a second standard room for the honeymooners. Which I think will probably be more economical than a villa. I guess I want my cake and eat it too! :happybounce: haha I think we really have our heart set on being on site, even if it means 2 or more rooms. I think it would just be easier for everyone for transportation reasons.

4. thomas.kevin

thomas.kevin Banned

Amazing Trip Planning!!

Wish you have a blasting and enjoyable Trip!!

Good Luck :tongue::taunt:

5. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

:wave:Hi and welcome to Secrets,

How lovely that you get to go with your family, I'm sure you'll have a great vacation.

I can't help with staying on site as I've never done that but there are so many Secrets members that can help you with on site questions.

Enjoy planning your trip

Sandra

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort sleeps nine. :yes: They are too wicked cool!