1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Planning Our First Disney Trip!

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by SweetAvalonsMama, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SweetAvalonsMama

SweetAvalonsMama Earning my ears

Hello everyone! My name is Taryn and I am planning a trip to Disney World this October! It will be my husband, my mother, my precious 2 year old, and me---- a first for all of us! We are so excited but a little overwhelmed by all of the planning. I want the trip to be perfect but I'm trying to remind myself that its far enough away that I can relax a little.

I can't wait!
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi Taryn and welcome to Secrets :wave:

You are going to have a wonderful time, there is something special about a first trip :yes: it stays with you forever.

Will you be staying at a Disney resort or somewhere off site? October is a nice time to go as there is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on select evenings - it has a separate admission fee though.

We have lot of planning tips on here and if you have any particular questions that you need answering then please ask away, there will always be someone who can help :)

First of all why don't you add a countdown timer, you can countdown the days until your holiday in October, you can find it here

Looking forward to getting to know you :D
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Welcome to the site!

:lol: I know we all aim for perfection, but in reality, some of the best trips can happen when things go all wrong. :yes:

Aim for happy memories, even if things don't go as planned. Not too mention, perfection is hard to obtain. :D
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Hello Taryn and :5: to Disney Secrets. There are lots of folks here to to help you plan. I know October seems far away but one thing you want to take into consideration is that if you plan on any sit down meals at Disney you should book them 180 days out. Also I know it is your first trip and you want to cram it all in but with a 2 year old I would really recommend not trying to do TOO much in any one day.
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi SweetAvalonsMama!

And :spraywelcome: to Secrets.

October you say? How long will you be there? Where are you staying? There's loads of people on here who can help. Just give us a little more information and we'll point you in the right direction. :yes:

Oh no it isn't. It'll be here before you know it! :mental:

Tom :)macwave:... great time of year to go!)
  6. SweetAvalonsMama

We haven't made firm plans yet but we are thinking of staying for five days, and are looking at the All Stars Music resort so that the four of us can stay together but not be right on top of each other. (Of course we are already planning another trip next year so that we can stay in the Art of Animation resort for my Little Mermaid-loving little one :wiggle:)

I am just so excited! My husband says he wants Mickey ears! :lol:

Thanks for the advice about making reservations--- that was something I was wondering about! We definitely want to do Cinderella's Royal Table which I heard was crazy hard to get into. But my princess needs to go!

How much spending money should I plan on bringing with us? We are going to get the Magic Your Way Package with Deluxe Dining, but want to make sure that we have enough extra money to really enjoy ourselves without worrying about it.

Thanks for the help everybody!
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

When you say All Star Music I assume you mean one of the family suites? I haven't seen one of them yet but I think you would still be on top of each other. You definitely would in a standard room.
  8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Hi Taryn and a warm :secrets3:

It may be your first visit to WDW but I can guarantee that it won`t be your last, that`s for sure. :yes:

Looking forward to seeing you around the site. :wave:
  9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

If you're going to book Cinderella's Royal Table, you'll want to call Disney exactly 180 days in advance of your reservation at 8:00 AM EST when the phone lines open. That one fills up very quickly!

Tom :)macwave:... exciting...)
  10. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Welcome to secrets!!
    My family and I are off to WDW in October too - cannot wait especially for the Halloween party.
    You will have great fun planning :yes:
    :wiggle:
  11. SweetAvalonsMama

Oh, me too! Halloween is my favorite time of the year--- my daughter's, too. It will be one big celebration because October 9th is Avalon's birthday and October 30 is my anniversary. Yay!
  12. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wow!!

How super excited!

I think first trips are magical no matter what! :)

Have lots of fun planning

Thats one thing I truly enjoy about Disney trips, the planning makes you enjoy your trip for months beforehand :)