1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Planning Your Trip to Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

When you decide to plan your trip, what do you do first, decide when to go, where to stay or something else?

What makes you choose the time of the year you go?

For us it is always the time of the year, we like to go off season so tend to always go at the same time of year. I always know where we will be staying and so I then I look for suitable flights.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I guess it would be choosing when to go, followed by where to stay. :yes: Then the rest falls in place depending upon the time of year and what special events are going on at the time we'll be there.

3. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

For me it is looking at a rough time maybe a 2-4 week window and then I have a look at prices for different accommodations within that time frame and that helps me decide where to stay and also nail down some dates.
    Things that can affect it are special events if the Halloween party was not happening until mid month I probably would have moved my dates even if it was a little more.
    From then we look at what is happening and when, things like MNSSHP obviously will dictate where we are but also for this year limited time magic events like the Friday 13th villains day at DHS will send us there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

For me it's about when is the least amount of kids going to be on the flight! :lol:

I tend to go away from school holidays and go for the quieter cheaper times. Then I just work out the best deals ina period of a few months and try and tie it in with work.

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Knowing where we will be staying isn`t a problem as we have our own villa....unless someone else is staying there of course! :lol:
    It`s then up to Mr Branson as to when we go as we rely on him to sort out an UC deal using our VA Flying Club miles.

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

First we decide when we are going. Once we have decided that we start planning on where we want to stay and where we want to eat.

7. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

First we decide when we want to go!
    Then we decide where we want to stay!
    Then we figure out how long and what days!
    Then I pick a park for each day based on EMH and any special things going on, pick places to eat (we really don't eat at resorts right now since it would be too much on and off the buses and waiting for the kids), and we are done.

I say we, but what I really mean is I. I gather all the information and bring it to the other family members and they tell me yay or nay! :lol:

8. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    i CAN GO AT ANYTIME IUSUALY OICK ATIME WHEN THE FLIGHTS ARE CHEAPEST WHICH FOR ME IS USUALY THE LAST WEEK IN AUGUST OR 1ST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER

9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

it varies, I try for it to be low season, or a free dining or nice resort discount...

Right now we are still flexible on when we can go, in a few years time we will have to stick to school holidays, so we will have to plan around those dates. Not looking forward to it though

10. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I like going at different times of the year, but I try to aim for lower crowds (however, sometimes they can't be avoided). Then I think about which resort I wanna try. Then I plan around EMH. Park days determine my food choices as I try to limit traveling (just takes too much time).

11. susanm

susanm Imagineer

first i pick a time (away from holidays) when getting time off from work wont be a problem. then i go online (disney site) and price dates and prices.and check air ... once i get the lowest prices i can afford, i call and book usually adding a few extra days ....then i watch mousesavers.com for the discount codes (been a year, hope they still do it) then call disney back and update my reservation...once i had to switch from All star movies to all star music, since movies discounts were used up...didnt matter.... then i try to figure out how much i saved and then watch air from Pa to FLA.. if i get a really good deal sometimes i have to add a day .. 2011 i got $400 off my room & pass reservation......that covered my air and added 1 day to my trip..with the same total i originally expected to pay..so my answer is ....I PLAN BY PRICES...unless...2x had to go in august because the nieces were dancing in the MAGIC MUSIC DAYS programs....but try to hit all different times....