1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Please - can anyone helpme

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by arkvilla, Aug 18, 2010.

1. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

For the villa wbsite we have a Microsoft Outlook e-mail and I can send e-mails at the moment but not receive any - I thin they may be stored on the server but I have no idea why they have suddenly stopped getting through to me.

I am absolutely rubbish at tech stuff - does anyone have any idea what I can do to get my message to go into my inbos

I have looked at the account setting which is somehing to do with POP3 and SMTP and I think I have set tham ok but really I'm lost.

If anyone does have an idea could you let me know what to do but in very basic instructions that I can follow.

Please help me :worship:

Sandra
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Hi Sandra

This is what my company provides (though I dont think we're providing yours... if so, erm, sorry LOL ) but if you want to pm me some details I'll try and help.

The first suggestion would be to try logging into webmail if they have one. That will show you all your email on the server (as long as your outlook is setup to leave them there)

I'd also be able to tell from your domain name if certain things are setup correctly for you to be able to receive email (of course past a certain point you have to contact the company responsible... but I can give it a shot before that point for you?)
  3. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Hi Keith,

I have just got in touch with Darren who hosts my site so will see if he can help me and let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much for your help - it hasn't received any e-mails for days and as it's the villa account I hate to think people may be enquiring and are waitinfg for me to come back to them :-(

Will let you know how I get on

Sandra