1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Please let me know what you think.

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by katycoco, Aug 11, 2013.

1. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

We are looking to go to wdw in oct14.
    We have been spoilt on our last visit as we stayed in akl club level. As I got a discount for being an airline employee. But disney are not offering this anymore.
    I have been looking at the moderate resorts and found Coronado spring resort this has club rooms available. Has anyone any feed back on the resort.

and the other half of my question is, we thought about doing a week in wdw and a week on a wd cruise. So u think we will feel rushed in the first week and will my 6 year old son like the cruise?????
    Please help xxxx

2. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I may be wrong here (probably am) but I thought it was only the de-luxe hotels that had a club level. This is only my personal opinion but I wasn't all that enamoured with Coronado Springs when we stayed there. I preferred Caribbean Beach. Both are really large resorts but Caribbean seemed a happier place. You will get different views from everyone. Shame you can't get club level at AKL again. By the way October is a lovely time of the year to go.

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

OK, so I'm going to be just the opposite here. We loved Coronado Springs, though we didn't stay club level and I was not aware they had one. Caribbean Beach to us was just so so. If you are going to do both a cruise and a week at WDW I would do the cruise first. They have lots of things on the ship to keep your 6 year old occupied.

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I'm the opposite, I would do the cruise last. Just so you can relax before going back to real life.

5. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Coronado Springs is a lovely resort. :yes:
    I believe that the club rooms are in the building used for business executive rooms. When not in use they are available to non-convention guests.

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Sorry I can`t help on the resort issue but I agree with Johnie in taking the cruise after WDW so that you can unwind after dashing around the parks and WDW in general.

I`m sure that your son will enjoy the cruise. There are loads of things for him to do on board and there is an entire deck of the ship dedicated to children. It may be a good idea to enrol him into the on-board kids club where he will be supervised by crew members and they plan loads of activities for children of a similar age.
    On several of our DCL cruises I have heard numerous stories from parents who said that their children enjoyed the clubs so much that it was a wrench to drag them away to join their parents for dinner!

7. susanm

susanm Imagineer

I HAVE NEVER DONE THE CRUISE BUT IMAGINE THAT WOULD BE VERY RELAXING...SO I WOULD DO THE CRUISE AFTER THE PARKS ALSO....I HAVE DONE BOTH CORONADO SPRINGS AND CARIBBEAN BEACH..LOVED BOTH RESORTS BUT HAVENT DONE CARIBBEAN SINCE THE REMODEL..(MY FIRST DISNEY ONSITE RESORT).. BOTH ARE HUGE AND HAVE LOTS OF WALKING AROUND TO DO...I PREFER VALUE SINCE THINGS SEEM A LOT CLOSER (MAIN BLDG, FOOD COURT, ETC) AND I AM A PARK PERSON SO VERY RARELY USE RESORT FACILITIES ANYWAY. I ALSO WAS NOT AWAY CORONADO SPRINGS HAD CLUB AREA. GOOD TO KNOW