1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Podcasts - Disney & Universal

Discussion in 'General' started by Oreo, May 28, 2013.

1. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I enjoy listening to podcasts. Especially the fan made ones, as they seem real and give genuine opinions.

I listen to Micecast, which is an adult look on things however it is mainly based on Disneyland California and would like something Orlando related.

Can anyone recommend a fun podcast that is either Disney or Universal related?

Not necessarily looking for one with lots of pixie dust but want something that has real opinions not opinions of the company :)

Thanks
  2. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

I have listened to the passporter one before and that was good :0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Funny you should ask this question, Oreo! I spent a good hour or so this weekend looking for one as well!

I'm also looking for podcasts on other topics as well if anyone would care to suggest something. I have a considerable drive to/from work each day and would enjoy having something to listen to. As for Disney World related podcasts, I'm sorry to say I didn't have much luck.
  4. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Podcasts are a personal taste and while someone will like one, someone else will hate it.

There is one called the Disneybrit podcast, and it is very good, well produced etc but it has too much Pixie dust and fluff for my liking.

I know that is what Disney is about but when I'm listening to a podcast I don't want it rammed in my face.

There is the dibbcast, which is fantastic for those with insomnia ;)

The two above are british based ones. Plenty of other American ones for me to try :)

What kind of topics are you looking for in a podcast Beccaberry?
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Ohhh... ohhh.... pick me! Pick me!

Seriously Becca, don't know if you listen to this or not but you might want to give this one a shot. It's a podcast of various episodes of NPR's "Wait, wait. Don't tell me". A weekly news show that they do every Saturday and it can be absolutely hysterical. I listened to one called "Clippy must die!" in the car one day and had to pull off the road to compose myself I was laughing so hard. Couldn't see through the tears to drive.

You can also download episodes from the NPR web site for the show at this link. By the way, If you want to hear the "Clippy Must Die!" bit, it's available here. The show was actually called "Eulogy For a Microsoft Mascot". But be prepared!

Tom :)macwave:... just had to pop in and say "Hi!")
  6. Beccaberry

TOM!! It's so good that you were able to pop in and say hi, we do miss you when you're not around and I hope you're able to "pop in" more often in the upcoming months!

You found my weakness, alright....I LOVE NPR. Listen to every day, and have wished quite often I was in the care more on the weekends so I could listen to the "Saturday Shows" so this will be perfect!!! THANK YOU for point me in the right direction!! :worship: :worship:
  7. Beccaberry

Totally understand it's down to taste, Oreo, that makes perfect sense.

I may give the Disneybrit one a go, as I do LOVE the pixie dust and fluff (but COMPLETELY understand it's not everyone's cup of tea - Jon loves Disney, but is much like you and enjoys the facts, figures and viewpoints more than the magic and pixie dust).

I'll watch this space and see if anyone else has some suggestions! Great thread, Oreo!
  8. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Don't get me wrong it's a fab podcast and I can listen to it some times.

My gf loves listening to it all the time.

It's very much a podcast direct at those who are spending a few weeks at Disney, however they have covered a lot of other bits which are quite interesting.

If you do like the format of their podcast there is a huge back catalog, and if you're into your disney music I do recommend listening to their Disney Island Disks epsiodes where the idea is they're trapped on an Island and only have enough space on their mp3 player for three songs and they all have to choose the three and justify why etc.

There are plenty of different ones to choose from on itunes and I only have scratched the surface.

I thought about doing one a while back but the work that goes into them is incredible and well there isn't much financial reward if any at all.

Happy podcast hunting, let me know if you find any good ones :)

P.s If you like your pixie dust a man called Lou mongello does the wdw radio podcast. That's very Disney but very well produced too.
  9. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I ONLY listen to podcasts in the car, and they are alllll Disney ones!
    Being a Brit, I absolutely love Disney Brit. There's also Dis After Dark which is really funny! Eye on Orlando is also very good.
    The american ones I listen to are the biggies really. WDW radio is a must, as is Inside The Magic. I also like Wed way radio and wed way now. Resort loop is also really good :)
  10. Vikki

Ooooo The Unofficial Guide Disney Dish with Jim Hill is also fantastic! They do great park walk rounds. Go back in their catalogue though and you'll find some brilliant episodes.
  11. Tishypops

Can I ask a really stupid question, how does everyone listen to them in the car? Do you download it? I have only ever streamed a podcast and I was thinking if I am on a long journey that us going to use a huge chunk of my data allowance

12. Vikki

I download them to my phone and then plug into the speakers through the aux socket. If you have an iPhone you can use the podcast app. I have android and use the pocket cast app. Its brilliant as you can create playlists which I find really useful.
  13. Vikki

What's NPR?
  14. Tishypops

I will have to check that out, yea I have USB that I play stuff in the car using but as I just pick everything up online I never thought of actually downloading them

15. Vikki

It's so easy. What phone do you have?
  16. Beccaberry

Thanks, Vikki!!

OMG, I'm never going to want to get OUT of my car!! LOL!
  17. Beccaberry

National Public Radio :geekon:
  18. Tishypops

Omgoodness I just seriously filled up my phone hahaha

19. Beccaberry

:yeahthat:
  20. Vikki

You're more than welcome :) I drive for about an hour a day to and from work and they all easily fill my journeys. I tend to put the WDW radio ones at the bottom of my podcast list though as they're not time relative. I listen to all the news ones first so they're relevant.
    I've gone through all the old WDW radio episodes as well and download a few when I have a long journey to do.

That NPR looks fun, might try one of those :)