1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Polar Express at SeaWorld question!

Discussion in 'SeaWorld/Discovery Cove/Aquatica' started by Kate, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I was just wondering if anybody has been on this ride and what it was like? We didnt get the chance to go on it last time, the queues were just horrendous. We were hoping to do it this year and my little girl loves the film so thought she would be thrilled to do the ride - but there is a height restricion of 42inches and shes not quite that. Whats on the ride that would make it that height and not suitable for smaller riders?

Thank you! :wiggle:
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've been on it!

First thing to mention is that there are two choices, ride or no-ride. On the no-ride version you just watch clips of the movie on a screen, on the ride version you get to ride the train. It's jerky but nothing AWFUL in my opinion

After the ride/no-ride, you all join up again and there's a santa + various sea life to see etc.

It's *ok* but not as mega-amazing as I hoped for (being a fan of the book/movie myself).
  3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Thanks keith! Aw, what a shame its nothing great - dont feel too disappointed now that dd cant do it, but at least she will get to see Santa!
    The train outside looks brilliant though :yes:
    You like the film too then - we watched it yesterday as dd was poorly so we thought it would be a nice film to watch, shes 3 and loved it. I had forgotten Steven Tyler was "in" it too so that was a nice surprise!
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

awww yes love it at christmas time :yes: