1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

polynesian or the grand floridian

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, Jan 7, 2010.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Well were back and the polynesian was wonderful :wiggle: but we made the mistake of stopping at the grand floridian to look around and fell in love

which do you think is better value? I didnt think anything could work out more expensive than the polynesian until I called up rates for the floridian, is it worth the extra?

if we can stay there is it worth paying more for the main building?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Slowhand is a good resource for GF info as he and his wife have stayed there.

I will say I was a little disappointed in the Poly (particularly since there was no hot tub) so trying the GF would be something I'd like to do.

My favorite deluxe resort is the Beach Club. :D :D
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Yep the GF is like a second home to my DW and I as we have stayed there oodles of times for several years now.
    Ok I`m obviously a bit biased because of this, but although the Poly gets rave reviews and I know lots of folk who really love the place, however [in my view] compared with the GF it seems a bit dark and oppressive, and a lot noisier...especially around O`Hana`s at dinner time.

As for paying the extra to stay in the main building at the GF, personally I don`t really think it`s worth it unless you can take full advantage of the Concierge service offered there.
  4. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I'd stay at the Beach Club if given a choice since they have the bestest pool :D