1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Polynsian

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Dishazo, Oct 18, 2012.

1. graceandhayes

graceandhayes Earning my ears

I do not have a lot of experience with the WDW restaurants because our first family trip was this past February. I can tell you what I liked/didn't like about the places we have eaten.

Polynesian Resort - Capt Cooks is great for breakfast or lunch. On of our favorite things to do at the Polynesian is have Mickey Waffles for breakfast by the pool before heading to the parks. The breakfast at Kona Cafe is also excellent if you want a sit down/table service breakfast. We are trying O'hana for the first time in Feb 2013.

Magic Kingdom - We like Columbia Harbour House for QS lunch at MK. Good selection for kids and adults. My wife loves the grilled salmon - a nice light/healthy choice for lunch. We are trying Be Our Guest for dinner and Casey's Corner for lunch (my son loves hot dogs) in 2013.

Animal Kingdom - I have heard the breakfast at Tusker House is good. My kids are pretty picky (hot dogs, cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets) so we eat at Restaurantosaurus for lunch at AK. The burgers are good, but pretty standard park lunch here. Most people love Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ, but my kids won't eat anything at these restaurants. My daughter loves Rainforest Cafe so we always eat dinner here after the day at AK. This is a chain and not a "Disney" restaurant. Food is pretty good but the atmosphere is "crazy". Appeals to kids, but not a quiet, relaxing adult meal. I had the fajitas here last year and they were excellent.

Epcot - we usually eat at Electric Umbrella. Typical menu for my family - burgers, chicken nuggets, salads. My wife liked the grilled chicken salad here. We are going to try either Liberty Inn or La Cantina de San Angel in 2013.

Hollywood Studios - again, boring park lunch for my family here. We eat at ABC Commissary. Food is not great, but again quick and easy for my family. Can't recommend it, except that is it quick and convenient. Not a big fan of HS, or the restaurants here.

For Table Service we love Chef Mickey and Akershus Princess Dinner. Chef Mickey is a buffet that gets bad reviews from many guests. We thought the food was good for a buffet, and our kids love the character interaction. The Akershus Princess Dinner is good food and great for princess fans like my daughter. We did the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. The characters were great, the dinner buffet was good, but the restaurant was loud! I prefer the atmosphere at Akershus over 1900 Park Fare for a Princess Dinner. My son always wants a dinner at T-Rex Cafe at Downtown Disney. Similar to Rainforest Cafe. Food is good, but not great. Atmosphere is for kids not adults. Very loud and busy.

Sorry I don't have more information on restaurants. I know there are a lot of good restaurants I am not familiar with. Unfortunatly we are somewhat limited to restaurants that serve food my picky kids will eat. I would also love to hear what other restaurants people like or dislike.

2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Went to KONA CAFE AND OHANAS this year can definately reccomend them both.If you go to OHANAS don't have a lot to eat before you go and leave room for the desert.there are some great places to eat at DOWNTOWN DISNEY.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You can check out the menus etc of all the on site restaurants on our main site. :2thumbsup:

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

For general park sit down restaurants? Hmm... probably at Hollywood Studios. The 50's Prime Time. :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... mom's a good cook!)

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I second this.

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Great choice. Love the food there, especially Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2