1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pop Century

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by fireflirt, Jun 24, 2009.

1. fireflirt

fireflirt Earning my ears

What is the differance between a standard room and a premium room?
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The price difference is that a preferred room is $10 more a night. The preferred room is also closer to the main building and the bus stops.
  3. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

For ages I didnt think the preferred rooms were worth it, then we had two visits, one to pop century and one to all star music, where we were allocated rooms at the very back of the resorts :/

Now, we could probably have moaned and asked to be closer, but well that seemed a bit unreasonable in a way. SOMEONE has to have rooms at the back, so we just made do.

Thing is, coming back after a long day or even running out a bit late to get to somewhere, it took us ages to get to the front of the resort from our room and it did get pretty tiring and a bit annoying.

I'm not saying preferred room is *essential* but for $10 a night, I'd always do it in future
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I'd definately do it at Music since it is situated so weird. I would also pay for a preferred room at Caribbean Beach since that resort is so huge!
  5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I am not sure if preferred rooms would be worth it in Pop.... it isnt as large as other resorts, and each area has its own pool...

Still... for the buses you definetly want the 70s or 80s building.... for the food court it doesnt really matter since it is very centrally located.

We stayed in the 50s building, ground floor, in front of the pool... we loved it... its the furthest walk to the buses (I think).... but the area is really nice, the pool is almost always empty, the music playing is pretty good, the washing machines were pretty close, and the walk to and from the lobby/food court wasnt too bad