1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

POR or POFQ or Any Other Moderate

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by ukwdwnut, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Thanks, Keith, it's good to hear some first-hand experience to help me know what to expect! I do wish I had a broader range of Disney resort experiences. Growing up, my parents always stayed off-property (but that was back in the days before even Epcot, so there wasn't much reason to stay on property really)...when I got old enough to pay my own way, I stayed at the All-Star. Clean, boisterous and pretty much above par when comparing what we got to the price we paid. But since I was only in my 20's, I would happily have slept on a sidewalk just to be in Disney!

Next phase of life, I wanted to move up the resort ladder and stay at the Wilderness Lodge--and did so for the next two stays. Now I'm footing the bill as a single mom, and moderate is definitely the way to go, wallet-wise. It was a bit disheartening to read that POFQ--or any Disney property--would be cutting corners in any sense. But, in the bigger scheme of things, we will be in Disney, which is really the goal, after all. I can overlook a dustbunny or a gum wrapper on the floor.
    ...but there's a tiny little part of me that wishes it wasn't necessary!
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

COMPLETELY agree :yes: my feelings exactly!

I do sometimes think that the harsh black and white of forum posts can exaggerate the bad. The room was certainly not dirty and I'd stay there any time at all :) As you say, any room at Disney is still Disney!
  3. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

For anyone else who's weighing the option of staying at either POR or POFQ, I've stumbled upon a site that has decent photos of the rooms (I was shocked to see that the WDW official site only showed ONE photo for rooms in POFQ--and it was a picture of the double sink, because, you know, that's what we all really want to see when we're trying to decide on a hotel room. The sink. :rolleyes: ) The website is here!
  4. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

we stayed there last week and i agree about the mousekeeping but saying that we are pretty clean and tidy when we are there i have this thing about being messy at home but dont want others seeing my mess. even though our sheets were changed twice in the 7 days we were there so that was good to me
  5. BevW

BevW Imagineer

I couldn't keep the 2year old DGD's OUT of that pool at POFQ...they had those life preserver jackets on and the would go down that serpent slide like nobodies business!!!! It was great!
  6. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Coronado Springs is our favourite moderate. The grounds are fabulous, the bus service is very good and the food court is excellent.
    We did not enjoy our stay at POR as it was too busy & noisy and the food choices were limited. Also we had to walk through to POFQ to be able to get on the bus.
    POFQ is very pretty and peaceful. It's easier to get the boat and the buses from there. The food court is adequate.