1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Power Mat

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Tink, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Is the brand name.

Do you have one? Do you think they are worth the purchase? Not so much in terms of money spent, but in terms of using it? How does it improve over simply plugging whatever into the wall? :unsure:

I saw a portable one and wondered if I didn't have to have that for work, you know? :D

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yeah they're very cool IMHO :D I can definitely see the day where all desks have them inside so that whenever you put down a chargeable device, they'll be charging without having to attach stupid cables :yes:

The pad you have to stick on the phone is a bit of a pain. Not terrible just a bit clunky. Roll on the day when the tech is all inside the device.

So yeah! quite cute imho

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I don't have one so I can't answer as to how they work. I am interested to see if they do work.

I think it's expensive. The mat is roughly $100 and then you have to buy some other thing that's $50.

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I have to say I was thisclose to buying one during the holiday season. I thought they were a BRILLIANT concept. Must say though, the more I looked into them, the more I was convinced they weren't as brilliant as I wanted them to be.

It just doesn't tie up all the loose ends as nicely as I'd want it to for the money.