1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pre-flight hotel, where do you stay?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kate, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I was looking at hotels to stay last night for the night before we fly from Gatwick and was wondering where everybody else stayed and their reasons for staying there?
    Last time we stayed at the travelodge, it was a very reasonable price and had what we needed for just one night - but luxurious it was not! So, last night i thought id have a look at the hilton, for the 3 of us there was a room for £65 which i thought was ok but then it naughtily added on taxes which took it up to £77 which put it in the "hmmm" category (compared to other hotels i mean, i know its still a very good price for the hilton) - however, for my brother (plus dw, ds21, ds19 so 4 adults) it was £180!!!!

Seems too much to pay for 1 night to me so we are back to the drawing board! Looking for something close to the airport aand something just a bit nice! I really do like the hilton though, and the fact that you can just go through a walkway to the airport is very appealing!!!
  2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We have always had a room and parking package from the Hilton just for the sheer convenience of it.

This time though I think we'll be going with the Arora in Crawley as they do room, parking and a meet and greet service for about half the cost of the Hilton.
  3. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

We always stay at Southbourne Guest House. It is a beautifully clean, bright and airy B&B and the owners Tony and Breda are a lovely welcoming couple. Tony collects us from the airport and leaves us back next day.I feel almost like it is home now and wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Gatwick b&b accommodation at Southbourne Guest House Gatwick

Margaret
  4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

stayed once each at the cambridge, russ hill and the turret hotel round the corner to gatwick
  5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

we stay at the ramada plaza gatwick, it's about 4 miles away. Last July i got 15 days meet and greet, one nights accomodation for £122 that was for a family of four. It's nothing special but we've always been comfortable there. Taxi to airport was £10 inc tip.
  6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

We were not impressed the second time we stayed at the Hilton. Travel lodge is just fine for us... it's a bed and shower for one night only and apart from fancy wallpaper they're pretty much of a muchness.

We discovered fleas are just posher at the Hilton :S
  7. coombsyl

coombsyl Earning my ears

You can book the Hilton with your Tesco clubcard deals. A double room cost us jsut under £40 of clubcard vouchers and a family room (huge) cost about £50 of clubcard vouchers. This includes the Hilton buffet breakfast.
  8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

don't you have to book a 2 night break to use your tesco vouchers?
  9. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Yep:thumbsup: you're right. I have booked the Hilton for our upcoming trip, with 8 days parking it was £129. It's only a stop over but heck it's one night closer. We just wanted the ease of stumbling out of bed and into the south terminal. Couldn't use clubcard vouchers as only 1 night stay.
    We have stayed in the hugest family room at the Sofitel. I love this hotel. But this November the shuttle between the North and Terminals is having a refurb. I could see us trying to get there and it being a huge to do,so booked the Hilton. We stayed there 17 years ago on our Wedding Night. I have a very funny story about The Hilton, My Wedding night, 3 weeks later and a pair of very expensive Knickers!!
  10. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

You can use these vouchers for a one night stay at airport hotels :thumbsup:. We have 3 rooms booked with them.
  11. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

We do the Hilton because you can do Twilight checkin and then it's an easy stroll over in the morning.
  12. djdigitald

djdigitald Earning my ears

Last time we went when we got married we stayed in the Copthorne Hotel in Copthorne, just outside Gatwick. They have on site parking and shuttles every half an hour and it was good value for money and was a nice hotel.