1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pre Trip Excitement way too soon ;)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BigThunder, Oct 12, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Hey guys. My last trip to WDW was January of 2009. My NEXT trip is July of 2010. For a family that was used to going twice a year that's quite a stretch between visits & at times is seeming quite difficult!!! But we have no choice. Our last trip was very, very difficult pulling my oldest daughter from her high school as she's in all AP/Honors classes & her principal gave us a bit of a hard time. Plus she had a mini anxiety attack about missing the work & getting caught up & all that jazz. We just decided it's not really something we can do anymore, pulling the kids from school. Plus my youngest just started middle school & she can fall behind I worry as she has a bit of an attention issue. So now we are only able to vacation in the summer :sorry: I'm not thrilled about this as who wouldn't prefer to go during off season when it's cooler & less crowded but I'll takes it as I can gets it I guess, lol.

So our next trip is planned for July 11th thru 21st at Beach Club Villas. I'm really excited because this is the longest trip we've been able to take for a long time because a week was the longest I ever dared pull them from school. So we'll have some extra days which will help if it's just insanely crowded. Plus I actually made the ressies early enough to get into my home resort this time! Normally I'm so late making them I have to take whatever is available.

I really have zero plans thus far since it's soooo far off but nonetheless, am very excited! So now I have a whole lotta time to make plans :)

2. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Sounds great BT. My middle DD's school refuse all requests for vacation within the school term.

3. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Hiya BT! I'm a middle school teacher, and at my school, once a child has missed more than 9 days they become a candidate for summer school...the only excuses are doctor's notes, a death in the family, or a court date (yeah, we have some of those in the neighborhood my school is in). Family vacations aren't excused, even with a parent's note...and as a teacher, I can only travel during the school breaks, so summertime is my traditional Disney time. It'll be HOT hot hot, but if you treat yourself kindly, stay hydrated and don't be a Disney commando, you'll enjoy yourself! I've been in July and August, and the crowds weren't ever as much of a worry as the heat/humidity/sun exposure. But even with that said, we've always had a grand time, and I know you will, too!

4. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Hey guys. Ya know, the teachers of my daughter in high school were great! They were so sweet & said they'd work however they could for Courtney to help with this. It was the principal that made me feel like I needed to jump thru hoops. And I'm not complaining, I realized at that point that it's not so easy now as it used to be. She misses a week of school & she could potentially fall very behind. Plus, when I saw the anxiety it was causing her I knew it had to stop. I can't do that to her again. Plus, I always tell her school comes first & I guess as much as I love the place I can't throw in the EXCEPT when we want to go to WDW! lol

I've been a few times in June, early June tho before it was too hot or too crowded. I also went July of 2008 & to be honest,I was expecting the worst & it really wasn't. I'm not saying it wasn't hot & crowded because it was but not nearly as bad as I expected. So I'm hoping next summer will be that way as well :)

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Going after the fourth, is a good idea. :yes: Having extra days is a help too, as you can take it a bit slower. The mornings will be great, and the evenings will be nice. You'll want to consider spending the worst of the day noonish to about four in the resort pool. BC Villas are great!! You will have Storm Along Bay at your disposal, and that is like a mini water park.

Slow and easy is the pace for summer. :yes:

6. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

And Girlfriend, it's NEVER too early for preTrip excitement! LOLOL

7. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

hahaha, I know Bev! But I feel kind of silly being so far out & there are days where it hits me....that tingle in your belly...and I just feel like I cannot wait!! :D

Stormalong Bay is a big draw for my kids Tink. I really want to try to change the ressies to Boardwalk at the appropriate time I can switch them but the kids love BC. We've stayed there 3 or 4 times now tho & never stayed at BW. I imagine I'll keep the reservations as they are because at least I know we all love BC :)

Yes, I felt with the extra days if a park was too hot or crowded one day we could just leave & go do something else & not feel the rush & pressue that we have to stay. I wish it could have been longer & we actually have points left but we have to close our business down to go & it's going to be tough enough as it is because with the one day drive to get there & one day to get back we are already at almost 2 weeks :(