1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

PRE-TRIP REPORT FOR AUG 2012----UH OH

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Mar 26, 2012.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

So I booked my Free Dining trip from 8/25- 9/01 and called my brother and sister and told them that the free dining offer was available. So they both booked their vacations for the same date and hotel as I did.:unsure:
    We all get along great and have vacationed together in the past so I am not that concerned. Last night I threw a birthday party for my 16 year old son and my mother says she is also wants to go and she booked her vacation as well. There will now be a total of 15 of us there together. :surrender:
    Mom has had 2 strokes, a kidney transplant and lung cancer in the last 20months and we are blessed to have her in our lives but I am afraid she will not be able to endure a week of Disney in August.
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Is she going to go to the parks as well? You've been in Aug you know how brutal that is. I'd get up extra early and do stuff in the am. Then head for back to the hotel during the heat of the day to avoid that. Also you might want to book your TS meals for that time of day.

I'd also go to guest services and get a Guest Assistance Pass for her as well.
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Wow, that's a whole herd of people. :tongue:

August is tough. Bring lots of water, sunscreen, and a hat for your mother. (Of course everyone should be using the water and sunscreen though).

Take advantage of the indoor activities during the high time of the day. I could watch the Hall of President all day in the middle of July. :lol:
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Don't forget the First Aid Stations. They are nice refuges from the heat and chaos of the parks. Your Mom could stop by there if she feels too hot or tired. the one in EPCOT is the nicest in my experience.
  5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

It sounds like so much fun!

Your mom is such a trooper!

I say rent an ecv, plan for midday breaks or if going back to the resort is not possible, plan for nice lunch in the parks and to watch shows when its the hotest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

She is definitely getting a motorized scooter for the week. She has said that she will go easy and only do the parks a couple of days. I was trying to think of things she could do like Presidents, Country Bear, carousel of progress and maybe find some shade and people watch while her kids and grand kids run wild in MK. In Epcot she can scoot around the worlds and watch shows and shop.
  7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Don't know how she feels about it but on our last trip, my DW was having a hard time getting around. So, we said the heck with it and just stayed around the resort (POR). Lounged around the pool, read books and only headed out to the parks for our ADR's.

It turned out to be one of the best vacations we had. :yes:

Totally relaxing and completely different from the usual Disney hustle and bustle.

Tom :)macwave:... just sayin')
  8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Great ideas for her. I think that some of the rides and shows like Living with the Land and indoor shows like Little Mermaid might be good as well. Never went with that many family members! Sounds like a Magical Gathering if I have ever heard.