1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pre-trippie report

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by Deafjeff, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi all,

I promised Keith and Josh that I will create a longer pre-trippie report that may be beneficial for others who are thinking of going to the DLP.

We toyed with either going to WDW in November or DLP. DLP won in the end for few reasons

1. A good deal for DLP
    2. Christmas Wonderland
    3. We realised that we have missed quite few areas in the DLP and we wanted to try Earl of Sandwiches!
    4. I quite fancy going somewhere nice and cold where I can enjoy Christmas magic drinking hot chocolate near the roaring fire which Sequoia Lodge have.
    5. Visit new toy story land and the new RC racer ride :happydance:

Normally we book with short breaks (http://www.short-breaks.com/disney/index.asp) and we was quoted £702 for Montana Room including the half board plus, park tickets and return on euro star.

Once we did more research we realised that montana room is no longer in the main hotel and it is annex building in the grounds. We did not quite fancy going outside for breakfast in November as was told it is very very cold over there)

We decided to settle for a room in the main building. The quote was £648. This is a significant saving.

Being me, I decided to see if I can actually get a cheaper deal. I contacted World Travellers (http://www.worldtravellers.com/Disney-Holidays/Disneyland-Paris/) and asked if they can come up with anything cheaper (base on the same requirement as above)

They offered £629, I decided to haggle and managed to get a round up of £620! We went with them.

In a nutshell, for £620 we are getting.

Three days in the park
    Half board plus which is requirement for the restaurants that we wanting to go (will cover this soon)
    Breakfast (either at the hotel or the park itself)
    Sequoia Lodge which is the most Christmassy hotel in the whole park
    Direct return with Eurostar

I think the price is quite good.

We have opt out of using Disney Express as we wanted to book a good breakfast slot, so we will walk over to the hotel first and get out breakfast sorted especially if we are having our breakfast in the park! :happydance:

It cost £16 per person and you would be able to go into the park straight away upon arrival as the luggage will be taken to the hotel and you are given your tickets on the train.

We had a choice of upgrading to Disneyland Hotel for additional £255 and it is quite tempting but we decide not to as it is the Christmassy feeling we wanted which our hotel currently have. Especially with the roaring fire!

Another forum recommended to ring the DLP in France as if you are booking hotel and ticket with them you are likely to get a free upgrade, we tries this and it worked out about £40 more expensive but it is strongly recommended by other forum members. We may do this next time we visit.

If you want to try this, ring this number first which is the discount number line (0.5p per minute)

0844 200 90 90

then ring English speaking team which is base at the park itself.

00 33 1 60 30 60 53

We researched on the restaurants options as it is our 5th wedding anniversary and we heard so much about Walt's American Restaurant (http://entertainment.disneylandpari...s/restaurants/walts-american-restaurant.xhtml)

Sadly we have decided not to go there as the park is expected to be closed around 6pm and the Walts will be close around the same time. So we decided to go to Cafe Mickey! It looks so much like a fun! Hopefully we will be able to reserve a table for 7pm.

For the night of our arrival we decided to opt for buffet at our hotel (Hunter Grill) I have been told that they have a good range of vegetarian options - we shall see!)

The advice that I had regarding the half board option is to avoid any participating basic half board restaurants if you have half board plus it is better to go for half board plus restaurants otherwise you will be wasting your money.

Both restaurants we are going is half board plus which is better value for money.

We have brought few warm clothes as DLP is known to be extremely cold. We have brought some thermal socks and I am on the hunt for a good waterproof jacket (3 in 1) if anyone can recommend me something let me know!

We just brought our waterproof over trousers so that we can keep dry if there is a downpour!

The Christmas wonderland also including some Christmas village which sells Mulled Wine yay! Would be an interesting experience to be on the ride after a couple of hot wines!!

There is christmas parade at the park and it is not yet clear if it will be taking place while we are there! Finger cross it will be!

We have booked a room at Travel Lodge City Road which is far better than Travel Lodge Euston, Farrington and King Cross Royal Scot.

We have decided to visit Disney Store in the night before at the Oxford Street and to see Oxford Christmas Christmas lights :) I am hoping to have a champagne breakfast at the Grand but I was told by another member that is not that good ho hum...

Hopefully this is of some help.

Will update you all again soon

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

The more i think about it, the more i am tempted! :happybounce:
    Its a good price for what you have got, especially as its meals too - you wouldnt need quite as much spending money would you (obviously you need to be yummy cakes to go with that hot chocolate though! :wink:)

3. Deafjeff

Have already thought of that!!! :tralala:

4. Deafjeff

Another thing to add, if you phone DLP directly and when you return they will give you some sort of discount..

5. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

That’s a Fantastic price,:thumbsup: we love the Sequoia Lodge. It was the first ever Disney hotel we had the pleasure of staying at, way back in the 1990s before we had even been to Florida.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Looking forward to the rest of your trippy.