1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

preferred fireworks viewing spot?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disney1sttimer, Mar 11, 2010.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

I heard theres some kind of best spot for fireworks viewing you get if you order a package from disney direct? does anyone know where they are and if theyre worth it?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It always amazes me how folks grab a spot at the front ages before Illuminations starts, especially as most of the action is at high level!
    We tend to view the show in the area of the bridge between the UK and France as we have found that usually there are fewer folks in that area...it`s still a bit crowded though.

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

The spots that they give you for illuminations is great - its on the quayside near Morocco and is a really good view - the Wishes'preferred viewing' is absolute rubbish and gives you no vierw of the fireworks really at all!!! its bizarre

If you are booking with Disney direct anyway I would go for it and just use the EPCOT tokens

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The key to Illuminations viewing is to be UPWIND of the smoke and fumes from the fireworks. It gets heavy enough to obscure the view if you are in its path.

Wishes will be best viewed from being as close to the center of the castle as possible. You don't have to be on top of the castle by any means, but will want it in your center view. It's the backdrop to the show, and you'll need to have a clear view of the upper right hand corner of the building. :yes: :D