1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

pretzel bread from le cellier?

Discussion in 'Disney Recipes' started by AKLnut, Aug 2, 2008.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

does anyone have a recipe for the pretzel bread its my favourite bread anywhere thanks!
  2. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I'd love the recipe as well, actually I want someone else to bake it and then send it to me since I reallly don't bake :lol:
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

2 3/4 cups bread flour
    1 envelope quick-rising yeast

1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about) hot water (125°F to 130°F)

Cornmeal
    8 cups water
    1/4 cup baking soda
    2 tablespoons sugar

1 egg white, beaten to blend (glaze)
    Coarse salt

Combine bread flour, 1 envelope yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar in food processor and blend. With machine running, gradually pour hot water through feed tube, adding enough water to form smooth elastic dough. Process 1 minute to knead. Grease medium bowl. Add dough to bowl, turning to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, then towel; let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 35 minutes.
    Flour baking sheet. Punch dough down and knead on lightly floured surface until smooth. Divide into 8 pieces. Form each dough piece into ball. Place dough balls on prepared sheet, flattening each slightly. Using serrated knife, cut X in top center of each dough ball. Cover with towel and let dough balls rise until almost doubled in volume, about 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease another baking sheet and sprinkle with cornmeal. Bring 8 cups water to boil in large saucepan. Add baking soda and 2 tablespoons sugar (water will foam up). Add 4 rolls and cook 30 seconds per side. Using slotted spoon, transfer rolls to prepared sheet, arranging X side up. Repeat with remaining rolls.

Brush rolls with egg white glaze. Sprinkle rolls generously with coarse salt. Bake rolls until brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes. Serve rolls warm or room temperature. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 375°F oven 10 minutes.)
  4. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

That is so beyond me that it's not even funny :rolleyes008:

Johnie when we go next time can we ask for more and then just sort ask for a doggie bag to take the left over ones with us, can we huh, can we :unsure:
  5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I don't bake bread.

Sure, you can ask them and you can carry it.
  6. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Well, I will have that nice basket thingy that we can put all sorts of stuff into and not have to carry around :D
  7. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I love that bread! Seemingly they ship it in from Canada and dont actually bake it on Disney property. Thanks for the recipe Johnie. Im going to try it.

Margaret
  8. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

Thanks Johnie.I will definitely be trying the recipe as I love the pretzel bread at Le Cellier and I always ask for more. :p015:
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You can purchase very nice pretzel bread at Fresh Market in Dr. Phillips (not far at all from DTD). :D

You can then eat it until your hearts content. :yes: Just be prepared to be overwhelmed by their incredible pastry selection too. :eek: