1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Princess Tiana's Cookbook

Discussion in 'Disney Recipes' started by gwennie81, Mar 5, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Apparently Princess Tiana has a cookbook out. :princess:

Celebrating the March 16 DVD release of The Princess and The Frog? You can plan a fun viewing party for your family with themed dishes from Tiana’s Cookbook: Recipes for Kids. It is chock-full of recipes inspired by the movie, including Tiana’s Famous Beignets, Swamp-Water Smoothies and Froggy-in-the-Water Cupcakes. Plus, the cookbook features large food photos and character art to appeal to budding cooks. Here is a sneak peek:
    [​IMG]

Froggy-in-the-Water Cupcakes
    The swamp may be a great place to hang out if you’re a frog, but you have to be on the lookout for hungry gators, just like the peepers on these cupcakes.
    Ingredients
    Blue food coloring
    1 cup buttercream frosting
    1 dozen baked cupcakes
    12 large green gumdrops
    2 dozen white chocolate chips
    Black decorators’ icing
    Directions
    1. Stir drops of food coloring into the frosting until you have a shade of watery blue. Frost the cupcakes.
    2. For each cupcake, create a pair of frog eyes by slicing a gumdrop in half. Press a white chocolate-chip tip down into the cut surface of each gumdrop half, centering it near the bottom edge. Squirt a dab of black decorators’ icing onto each chip.
    3. Set the frog eyes on the cupcakes, gently pressing them part way into the frosting to hold them in place.
    Makes 1 dozen cupcakes.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm always amazed at the way someone comes up with these sorts of decorations!

I think our Seth might have fun with these! We bought him an Easy Bake oven for Christmas so this could be a real project! :yes:

Thanks Gwennie!

3. chief

chief Earning my ears

ooh i like it.

4. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

That's so funny! My friend, Tim, had an Easy Bake as a kid and now he's probably the best cook I know. He RARELY lets his wife cook. HA! :point:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

He loves to cook so we thought having an oven of his own would be perfect for him. :yes:

We were pretty annoyed to find all the heavily girly influence on the oven and the supplies. As if only girls cook, eh? :rolleyes:

Right. No famous chef is ever a man. ;)