1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Probably not in the right place but....

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by BigThunder, Jan 2, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

....we leave a week from today!!! We pick the kidlettes up from school & take off. I prefer getting to leave bright & early & then spending the night when we are almost there. That way, the next morning when you wake, you know you are almost at WDW. But at least this way we will only drive 7 hours the first leg & then the next day do the last 7 hours. Will break it up a bit.

I have sooo much I still need to do (like buy some clothes because what i have isn't fitting-don't ask), clean out the car, clean the house, get down luggage..etc... you all already know all there is to do to get ready. It's just been so distracting with the holidays & now that they are over it's like, wham, it's here!

Very excited!!!!! :D

2. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

Awww Cristine how awesome! Get on it girl! You should be half packed by now! No time no time go go go go!!!!

3. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Hehehe, first of all let me say how impressed I am you not only remember my name but spelled it correctly too! Wowser, lol :)

Yeah, I need to make my lists. They are crucial to all vacations to me. The "Packing List" & the "Things to Do" list. I may do that tonight & then I'll feel like I'm getting a start.

The thing that always worries me most is that the van is ready & my husband has to do that &, well, he's more of a procrastinater than I am!

4. PsychoAlice

Girl of course I will remember your name and how to spell it!

We is myspace pals remember lol

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Big Thunder just be sure to take it a bit easy, ok? It's wonderful that you are excited, and I know there is so very much to do, but you need to take a rest from time to time too! No sense in wearing yourself out before you even leave! :hug1:

6. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Oh thank you for your concern. Your kindness always makes me feel warm & fuzzy inside:hug2: Honestly, it's once I get there that I worry. I had a little mini-breakdown on David (hubby) at the mall during Christmas time. It just seemed he was constanly a store length ahead of me & I was exhausted! Finally I flipped & started on him that if this was how it was going to be at WDW then he could go his way & I'd go mine because if I went at his pace I'd be worn out by noon, blah, blah, blah. He looked like a deer in headlights..hehehe, didn't see it coming. I apologized later. But I hate how it just seems I have never regained my strength since the surgery! And I guess I was taking it out on him. Simple fact is, at this point I still cannot go at the pace I once could.

7. Tink

You are going at the pace you go, dear one. :hug1: It is the pace your body wants, and we all are more grateful than you'll ever realize, that you have a body to go at the pace it is going! :yes:

Now! If you want to go faster, do what I had to do in Disneyland. :yes: Rent an ECV. I had to for one day and let me tell you it was so worth it. I didn't hold anyone up, and I didn't hurt myself (further). I was able to finish out my vacation, and recuperated much more quickly from the (small) injury I'd done myself. :yes:

So, if you feel yourself flagging to the point of exhaustion, get an ECV!!!! Trust me on this one. You'll love it. :D

I hope your family is doing well, too? I know how much you worry about them. :hug1:

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

An ECV can certainly be a lifesaver. Mom can walk around just fine but she would have been done after one day at WDW. The place is huge!!

9. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I'm not sure what EVC stands for (duh!) but I'm guessing it's the electric wheelchair. I was too proud to get one on our visit that was less than two months after my brain surgery!! That is truly when i needed one so badly. But i felt so pathetic as it was...nearly bald & with a huge scar across my head...I just couldn't do anything else to make myself feel weak & sickly. Yes, I know, it was stupid on my part because I did myself in to the point of tears a couple nights & so badly that I spent the last three days in the room because I could go no longer.
    At least I'm not in that condition anymore. But I will have to take it slowly. And if I get too tired then I'll have to rest & they can move on if they wish. Problem is, they generally don't want to leave me. I also won't hesitate to go back to the room & rest if need be. I just don't want to be pushed to go too hard & I know David wouldn't do it on purpose but sometimes he forgets how I am now in the excitement of the place.

10. Tink

Yes, the ECV is the electric scooter. :yes: I had hurt myself while in Disneyland. We were there with some family, and I really didn't want my situation to detract from their enjoyment so after much consideration (like yourself, I absolutely am not comfortable appearing to be sick in any way) I gave in and got the ECV. Cannot tell you what a positive experience it was. :yes:

So, I would say to you if you find yourself tiring to the point of it interfering with your holiday, do what is the very best for yourself and your family! :yes: Plus, they all love it when you have an ECV because they load it up with things they don't want to carry! :D

11. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

WHAT?! you haven't written a list yet - i'd have done mine like, months ago!

Have a fabulous trip Cristine :hug2:

12. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

i made my Things to Do list this morning. Yet here i am online. :D I don't think that was on my list, tehehehe. Kids went to work with dad today so no reason i can't get a few things done to prepare.

13. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Get busy and dance, woman! You're in single digit territory! :D

Seriously, don't push yourself too hard, Cristine. I've hobbled around WDW injured more visits that I haven't. Rent that ECV if you need it. Don't be stubborn and tough it out--like me! :rolleyes:

14. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

You just rest hon...I'll do all the bouncing for you :critterbounce: :bounce: :critterbounce: :bounce:

I'm so excited for you, and I'm so excited you've come here to share your trip with us!!! Now that you've already mentioned an internet connection, you KNOW we'll be wanting you to check in from time to time to let us know how it's going!! You can call it your "rest time" :wink: :D

15. PsychoAlice

Oh uh yea..youre busted now!

16. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Ok, i have to fess up about something. I did one trip report in my life...in all my trips to WDW only one. Want to know why? Because someone hurt my feelings :( I know, I shouldn't wear my feelings on my sleeves (but i do! hehe). It was on that 'other' WDW site...& i was so excited to do my report. I tried to tell about what happened but to also not ramble on & on. So I posted it & some guy, not sure who now not that it matters, made some comment about how long it was & how hard it was to get thru (!!) but something like glad ya had a good time. I was so embarressed! I looked at other trip reports & I know mine wasn't any longer! But I felt like i had written a novel or something the way this guy stated it. And I only did one post on the whole trip..not a day by day thing. So anyway, that's why I've never done another one (silly aren't i). But you all have made me feel like I might do one this time; like maybe you actually DO want to hear about it :) That makes me smile. thanks:hug2:

17. PsychoAlice

LOL some of us were loyal readers of a 47 chapter trip report...the grand daddy of them all .. and there are some people who tried to attempt it also (cough cough Dawn cough cough)

We love to read trip reports! (i never finished mine) specially when they are "live from the world" no worries girl anyone musses wif ya Ill let the flying monkeies out of the dungeon!

18. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

oh my goodness, we'll be right here *waiting* to hear about it hun :hug2:

remember, think about renting that ecv if you're having a tough time - you'll get used to it and your DH will probably feel better too knowing you're finding it easier to get around :hug2:

19. Tink

Big Thunder I am so sorry you were treated badly. :hug2:

Please, if you have the time we'd love to read your trip report whether it is one report for the entire holiday, or many little reports on a day by day basis! It's up to you how you would like to write it. :yes: The members of this site truly love trip reports so give it a think over, ok? :hug2:

20. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Thanks everyone...and I've already decided, I will do one this time! :) I'm excited to share it with y'all!

Went grocery shopping for trip today. Bought some snackies for the drive & some non-parishables like cereal, chips, etc. for the room. Will head to a grocery for milk & stuff once we get there (Tink, I'll probably need to PM you to get directions to a close one if ya don't mind, you probably don't remember but years ago you gave me directions to one, lol).
    I'm caught up on laundry but of course it's just Sunday, by Thursday night I'll have 8 loads to do again. David got the DVD player in the van working, something simple thank goodness. Tomorrow we go cash in the kids change & ours (it's going to pay for gas) & then have oil changed & all that on van & I will hopefully get in for a haircut! So much to do! :D