1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

QS vs Paying out of pocket

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by pixeemom, Apr 20, 2014.

1. pixeemom

pixeemom Earning my ears

Hi all I was hoping for some opinions.
    We are a family of 6, DH is probably the biggest eater out of all of us.
    We usually always get the basic dining plan, but as the kids are getting older things are getting more expensive and 2 out of my 4 kids are now considered adults which imho should not be at age 10 but whatever o_O
    so anyway, we downgraded to the QS plan this year, but now i am wondering if that is even worth it, we are already going to be paying out of pocket at some sit downs just because the kids want to try some different places.
    And I am thinking 1 snack credit a day will def. NOT HOLD over any of my kids, so opinions greatly appreciated!!;)
    TIA
    Danielle
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

To get more than 1 snack don't you have to have the deluxe dining plan? If they are going to be hungry in between I would take fruit and cereal bars for them to snack on instead of buying snacks in the park.

Why not have a look at the menus here and see how much each option will cost :)
  3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Britchick is correct, to have more snacks you need the deluxe dining plan. The trick is to really search for range of snacks as often people think that snack is just fruit and drink. Quite often you can have cakes and much more 'filling' snacks.

We usually get standard dining and always have couple of snacks left over!
  4. Britchick

when i'm on the DDP i never eat the snacks as i'm so full! We usually use the snack credits to bring cookies etc home. We're not big on snacking at home though
  5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

That interesting... we usually have medium size breakfast and snack for lunch and evening meal as breakfast at WDW can be huge at times! Especially Breakfast pizza :jawdrop:
  6. Britchick

We're not big breakfast eaters. A banana, yoghurt and coffee so don't spend credits on them- tend to get them from the supermarket. We do eat lunch 11.30/12 when in the parks though