1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

question about rides for non-models

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by goofygal, Sep 30, 2008.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

sorry if its been asked before but how will those of us who arent size zero zero get on fitting into rides at the parks?

i dont want to queue up and then be embarrassed
  2. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

When I went to WDW back in 2003 I was a UK size 26/28. I went on just about most things that I wanted to. I even went on Goofy's Barnstormer and that isn't a very big ride. If you are this size or smaller you will be just fine.
  3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

There's a really good section on allearsnet.com called "WDW at Large." It will answer most of your questions.

For the most part, size isn't a big issue at WDW. Some of the older turnstyles can be a bit snug--depending on where you carry your weight. You can guess where I carry mine! :sigh; Yep! Right at the turnstyle level! :rolleyes: If it's a serious questions of getting through the turnstyle, ask a CM to allow you to go through the gate.

One caution on BTMRR--not an issue of fitting, but who is on the seat with you. There is one lap bar for the entire seat and it locks in at the highest thigh height. Leu and I are about the same size, but carry our weight differently. Mine is hips/thighs/derriere; hers is stomach and upper body. Her thighs are much thinner than mine, so she slides around a lot! :lol: Not a serious issue with other adults, but can be a factor with children. Just something to keep in mind. :)
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The only problem I have ever had, as Taja indicates, are the turnstiles. I hate those things!

I can't think of a single attraction where size might interfere. Even those where you think it may be an issue, like Space Mountain, it doesn't end up being the case.

I've gone from very thin to very much NOT a model size, so can understand your reluctance to try out an attraction that may not work for you.
  5. Figment

Figment Imagineer

The only thing that I was completely unable to ride was the Cyberspace Mountain simulator ride at Disney Quest...I have not had one bit of trouble any where else.

Taja...Jordan always has to ride BTMR with me or Marcus, but he LOVES the fact that he has *sliding room* :lol: