1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

quick service v full dining plans

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by AKLnut, Mar 28, 2009.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

Has anyone been since they changed the plan you get to quick service?

we're confused about whether its worth upgrading to a deluxe to get a better dining plan, do we need to or is that only for free dining? you can see we're confused.

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Are you purchasing the dining plan? I believe you can purchase any level at any WDW resort.

I haven't tried the quick service plan, but I think I would prefer that to the regular DDP with 1 QS and 1 TS daily. We felt awfully tied to our ADRs when we were on the standard DDP. I would rather pay for one or two TS meals OOP. But that's me. I'm not a foodie. :shrug:

Many people really enjoy the opportunity to try different restuarants and cuisines at WDW--it's part of the overall experience. It really depends on your situation and what works best for you and your family.

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: We considered the Quick service plan in March this year but we changed it back to the standard plan. Even though we're not big eaters we enjoy sitting down to a nice meal at the end of the day together. Even Ds-12 loves to try the new places!!

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yeah we considered the quick service for free later this year because we could have stayed at a moderate resort but in the end we just didn't think we'd use it. We ended up deciding on the standard plan for the same reason as TinkFan, it's good to have a nice meal at the end of the day

5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

It's one of the perks of vacation isn't it! So nice to slow down and just enjoy each others company instead of rushing to hockey or soccer or track or.....:sigh: