1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rafael Nadal celebrates his victory at Disneyland Resort Paris

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal visited Disneyland Paris on Monday to celebrate his 6th French Open title, but he did not ask Mickey Mouse for anything because he said he already had everything he wanted in life.

"I'm not in a position to ask him for anything, I have more than I ever dreamed. The only thing would be good health, which is the most important thing," Nadal told reporters while posing with the famous mouse.

Nadal said he had always liked Disney and children, several of whom he posed with for photos.

The world No. 1 was surrounded by Mickey and six children, a number equal to his French Open championship trophies.

Three of the children, who were chosen at random from among the park's visitors, were Spanish: Jose, a 10-year-old from Santander; GarbiƱe, a 10-year-old from Vitoria; and Alazne, an 8-year-old from the same city.

A smiling Nadal shared the moment with dozens of fans who gathered to watch him.

"This is the right place to celebrate this," Nadal said, adding that tying Swedish great Bjorn Borg's record of six French Open titles was "a dream made reality."

Nadal beat Switzerland's Roger Federer 7-5, 7-6 (7-3), 5-7, 6-1 on Sunday to win the French championships and cement his hold on the No. 1 spot in the rankings.

"You don't always win the most important tournament in the world," Nadal, who turned 25 last Friday, said.

The tennis star, who has now won 10 Grand Slam titles, posed for photographers with Cinderella's Castle behind him.

Rafael-Nadal-Celebrates-6th-French-Open-Victory-at-Disney-Land-300x199.jpg

rnp023911SMALL.jpg

Nadal spent a short time touring Disneyland Paris with his family, but he had to leave to fulfill other obligations.

"I have to go now to Queen's (Club)," one of the main tune-up tournaments for Wimbledon, the Spaniard said.

Nadal is the defending champion at Wimbledon, which begins on June 20.

"I'm more concerned right now with the preparation than with the tournament at Wimbledon, trying to get there in good shape," Nadal said.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011