1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Raglan Road Bread & Butter Pudding

Discussion in 'Disney Recipes' started by gwennie81, Jan 27, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I LOVE Raglan Road (Downtown Disney). I take my American friends who think they're super-Irish here. HA! I like the food and the entertainment. There's usually a girl that gets up on this little stage in the center of the restaurant and dances. Anyway, this looked delicious.

Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant is open for lunch, dinner and late-night light meals in the greater Downtown Disney area. The restaurant serves authentic Irish food created under the direction of Kevin Dundon, one of Ireland’s celebrity chefs.

Raglan Road Irish Pub’s Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding
    Yield: 4 servings.
    12 slices medium-sliced white bread
    3 ounces salted butter, at room temp
    2 ounces raisins
    1/2 pint cream
    1/2 pint milk
    4 egg yolks
    3 ounces super-fine sugar
    Sauce of choice for serving
    1. Butter ovenproof dish. Remove crusts from bread; butter on both sides and cut into quarters. Arrange layers of bread in triangles (overlapping slightly) in bottom of dish, scatter raisins on top. Cover with another layer. You should have some bread pieces leftover to use in Step 4. Press down gently with spatula.
    2. To make custard, heat cream and milk in pot until it almost comes to boil. Remove from heat.
    3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in large heatproof bowl set over pan of simmering water until thick and whisk leaves a trail in mixture. Remove from heat and beat in cream mixture. Pour 2/3 of the custard over layered bread. Let stand 30 minutes or until bread has soaked up custard.
    4. Heat oven to 350 F. Pour remaining custard over soaked bread and arrange remaining bread slices on top. Press down gently with spatula so that custard comes halfway up bread slices. Bake 30 minutes until custard is just set and top is golden brown. Serve immediately with sauces of choice.
    Recipe note: A custard or butterscotch sauce works well.

[​IMG]

(Source: Orlando Sentinel)

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

This is a dessert the devil himself came up with to lure me staright to hell lol

God this stuff is good :)

3. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

My mom makes it with either day old raisin bread or cinnamon rolls. Or cinnamon raisin bread. HA! I'll have to ask.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's a pretty place, Raglan Road. :yes: I don't like bread pudding (my Mother used to make it with day old bread and raisins too) so this has no allure to me.

I will say though, that I tasted some at Tuskers and whooooeee! That nearly changed my mind!

I LOVE the pate at Ragland Road! :yes:

Danielle is the name of the dancer. She does semi-traditional Irish Dance on the raised table. I've watched people sitting there when she is dancing and have held my breath in fear that they were going to catch a foot in the jaw! :eek:

Fun place! DON'T go there on St. Patrick's day though! OMG!!!!! Wall to wall people!!

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Tink I am a bit of a connoisseur of bread pudding and that one in Tusker house is THE best!! Worth the price of breakfast alone :yes::lol:

The Bread and butter pudding at Raglan Road was very good - a little dryer than I like it but when you added the sauces to it that helped :yes:

Yes I have eaten my way around the 'world' in bread/bread and butter pudding :anxious:

6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I did not know there was a dancing girl!!! Johnie, I guess this means we'll have to go back! We can get those little scallops in trees and bread pudding!

Perhaps on your next trip, we'll have to try our hand at making it!

7. Tink

LisaW, I'm glad to know I was on the mark! That is wicked stuff at Tusker's, isn't it? :D

Becca, try the pate at Raglan Road! :yes: It'll make you forget all about those silly scallops! :D :lol:

You've never seen Danielle? :unsure:

8. Beccaberry

NO!!! I have never seen Danielle, but now I must to live!

After you recommendation during the F&W Fest last year on the escargot, I will most DEFINITELY give the pate a try!

9. Johnie

We saw the dancing girl just briefly as we were on our way out of RR a couple of weeks ago. She was quite good.

They still had the scallops but the forest bit was gone :unsure:

10. Beccaberry

Well that's what I get for letting you go without me!

I'll not let that happen again! (PS. Yes, we ARE going in Sept. I don't know *why* I keep trying to make it August!)

11. Johnie

:tongue: well that's cause we always go in Aug.

I didn't get to sit in the main room. I have decided that when I go to RR, I will ONLY get apps and dessert there. And they had a sweet tea vodka drink!

12. Tink

Yep, yep, yep!!! That's what we do. Order a few appetizers, gather the friends around, let the pints flow and we have a bit of good CRAIC. :yes: :D Sometime's it's even mighty! :D

The entrees? Not so much. :sorry:

13. Johnie

I wasn't so impressed with the entrees I've had there either. In lots of places, the apps are the way to go anyway :yes: