1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News Randy Garfield Announces His Retirement from The Walt Disney Company

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

randy-garfield.jpg

Randy A. Garfield, CTC, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales & Travel Operations for Disney Destinations and President of Walt Disney Travel Company has announced his retirement in April.

As head of Sales & Travel Operations, Garfield leads the worldwide sales, convention services and distribution marketing efforts for the Disneyland Resort; Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Paris; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort; Shanghai Disney Resort; Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Adventures by Disney; Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai’i; and Golden Oak. He also oversees the company’s reservations operations at each Disney resort destination, and provides strategic and tactical business direction to Disney Sports Enterprises. In his role as President of Walt Disney Travel Company, he leads one of the country's largest travel wholesalers.

In a letter Randy Garfield said:

After 20 wonderful years as a Cast Member, I’ve made the decision to retire from The Walt Disney Company in April. This wasn’t an easy decision, as the Disney culture, great teams I’ve worked with and outstanding industry colleagues, like you, are key elements of what have been the most fulfilling years of my 43+ year career. That said, I felt it was time to move to the next phase of my career/life, knowing I’m leaving the Disney legacy in good hands.

I’ve been incredibly fortunate throughout my long career to have had many adventures that gave me an opportunity to work for the very best people and companies, and Disney is at the top of that list. I’m enormously proud of the accomplishments during my time with the company, including the launch of new businesses like ESPN Wide World of Sports, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney; the addition of 27 new resorts and five theme parks; significant park expansions at existing parks; and the strong relationships I’ve cultivated with you, as valued travel professionals. I have fond memories of the work we did side-by-side and how we dealt with periodic adversity when it unexpectedly impacted our industry. Whether it was hurricanes, earthquakes, 9-11, or the global economic downturn, you have demonstrated your character and support by persevering, rallying and consistently helping my team deliver great results despite these challenges.

As I reflect on the thousands of memorable experiences over the last two decades, I know that the great foundation we’ve built together, and the strength of The Walt Disney Company, means that the best years are yet to come.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you for inspiring and supporting me. I wish you all good health, happiness and continued success. I hope to see you on my travels!

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Did anyone else read the title as an amorous cartoon cat?

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Baahaaaahaaa! I just spit coffee all over my phone. #gladIhaveawaterproofcase

Britchick likes this.
  4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Just us the! :lol: