1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Recommend somewhere to visit

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort and California Adventure' started by Mandy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Mandy

Mandy Earning my ears

Can anyone recommend somewhere to visit when we go in September.
    We will already be going to(Disneyland of course), Knotts, six flags and San Diego zoo, but we would like to go somewhere else which isn't so expensive. :unsure:

2. Rico117

Rico117 Earning my ears

i would check out newport beach, great beach area and nice beach. you can take a ride on the boardwalk and things will be realtively calm. Also Huntington Beach can be just as good. Each of these is a quick drive from Disneyland and very easy to get to. really any of the beach towns will be good but these two are my favorites. If you are into artsy stuff Laguna is a good town to walk around and has some great dining options. Not sure what else you are into but if you let me know i can give you some hints.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

You could visit the Chinese theater in LA, and walk around Hollywood checking out the stars :)

take a ride around Beverly Hills

and there is also a Universal Studios park in LA, at least there was last time I went!

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Definitely like Universal Studios in CA. Also, I would say, just visiting a good beach would be fun!

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Well, there's always a lot of shopping in the area! And you don't have to spend money--just do the "window" shopping variety!

What does your family enjoy doing? That helps a bit with the planning.

If you--or someone in your family--is into vintage American vehicles, Bob's Big Boy in Glendale still has meets on Friday nights. It's similar to one in Orlando, I believe. Not exactly close to Anaheim, but if you're doing other things in the area...

The beaches should be great in September. It's usually quite warm to hot most of the month, so it's a great way to cool off! :)