1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

reconfirm dining reservations?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by dvcjane, Sep 16, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

im just reading that with the dining plan many more reservations are just going missing and that the advice is now to reconfirm all reservations. Ive never done it in the past, is it really needed now?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

After the experience I have had the last few days I would definitely check every so often :rolleyes008:

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm afraid I agree with this :(

We phoned up and we've had ones that they claim were never on their system (they sure as heck were :( ) and so on. I think the ADR system is in a huge mess

4. Wendy

It is :yes: I gave a reservation number for the YSH on Christmas Eve and the person I was speaking to said I didn't have a ressie, I gave her the number again and she still couldn't find it so she took my name and phone number. surprise , surprise she found it and it had the same number I had given her in the first place. She then said there wasn't any availability to add 2 people to our reservation.

I phoned back and spoke to someone else, she found the reservation with no problem and said there was availability :shocked025: :rolleyes008:

She did say that it was all a bit of a mess because they are changing everything, to make things easier for the guest :lol: What is going to happen is that in the future when you make ressies, they will all be listed to stop people from double booking.

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Especially at the Holiday period you want to make note of EVERY confirmation number. As long as you have that they can't deny your seating. :p015:

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, they can deny it (I've seen it happen) but it makes for a pretty unpleasant scene. :(

Always confirm your reservations during busy times of the year, when it is a reservation that is extrememly important, when there has been a special request made with the reservation, or when the reservation is for a large party.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I'll bet. I know we have shown up a couple of times when they didn't have us showing but we showed them the confirmation number. When they actually checked they showed us a day later both times on their schedule but when they put the confirmation number into the computer it showed that we indeed had the right day and we were seated. I can't imagine the scene if you had a confirmation and couldn't get seated at a very popular restaurant.

I do remember one time during a meet that we had an ADR at 50's Prime Time and we weren't showing on their chart. They finally got us sorted out but we were scattered all over the restaurant instead of being together as a group.

8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I can well remember the look on your face that evening John.
    I thought that I`d better stand well back before you erupted! :lol:

9. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

If they mess it up, I'll sit on your knee Wendy :lol:

10. Wendy

:lol: ah yes but we have a person on the inside who will make sure we have a table :D So you won't need to sit on my knee :lol:

11. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Now I wonder who that is? :wink: