1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rees' Pieces 3

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by ieuanr, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ieuanr

ieuanr Earning my ears

December 26th 2009 – Boxing Day

Lucy and Ieuan were first to wake up at 3am, they went for a wander to the 22nd floor to check out at all the lights. They then ventured out onto International Drive and wandered around the convention centre. Stopping off in the lobby for Lucy to fill up on some Lucky Charms from the store. They were suitably impressed with the view from the top of the hotel.
    Georgina and I awoke at a more respectable hour – 5am. Everyone was showered, dressed and checked out of the hotel by 7.30. We decided to try our luck with Dollar again and were told that they were not expecting any cars in until later and advised us to phone back around midday – we were driving up to Sarasota for five days and did not want to hang around for four and a half hours waiting for a car to become available so we decided to stick with the car we had.

We decided to eat away our sorrows in the Golden Corral – this is a place we had never eaten in before – usually we end up in Sizzlers if our tummies call for a cooked brekkie but we were pleasantly surprised. The breakfast buffet came to a very reasonable $29.99 and we were stuffed so full we had to be rolled out of there hehe

This is the shameful quantity consumed:
    Georgina: Chicken and wedges, Lucky Charms and Cake and yes in that order!!
    Lucy: Waffles and pancakes both blueberry and plain with maple syrup and a banana and strawberry yogurt oh and a cupcake with two glasses of OJ to wash it all down
    Me: Waffle and pancake with syrup and then sausage, mushrooms, Texan toast, watermelon and a Danish swirl
    Ieuan: Grapefruit, omelette and a glazed doughnut.

Got our flex tickets from Omar. $1112 inc tax. Super Target for some clothes. Shirt and shorts for Ieuan. Cardigans for George and I. 2 long sleeve tops for Lucy . Beeswax lip balm. Girls decided to splash out some of their xmas money littlest pets on the go $3.14. Lucy a snorkel $9.99

Starbucks on the way out. Mocha and skinny cappuccino. Headed off at 10.25 to Sarasota 11.35AM = 63F Arrived at Sandcastle Hotel 12.30 they checked us in straight away. We went to the beach for a couple of hours. The beach loungers were free but a canopy was $10 for the day. Hotel was clean and basic. Swam in lovely warm outdoor heated pool. Ate in the hotel restaurant. Diane had the buffet salad, ribs, red snapper potatoes and corn on the cob. Ieuan had a filet steak. With salad to start and fried shredded potatoes.

I had a glass of Merlot – very nice.

Lucy and Georgina had the buffet all told $95 inc tip

Back to room at 6.10PM lovely sunset we were shattered tried to keep everyone awake until 7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Another enjoyable read - thank you for taking the time to tell us all about your trip.

Let's hope you all sleep better tonight then......

We did a few days at Sarasota a couple of years back but never saw the beach.
    Looking forward to hearing how you spend your days there :yes:
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Must say you Brits are a hearty lot. I don't think I would have been in the water with the air temperature at only 63.
  4. ieuanr

ieuanr Earning my ears

Yep, it was a pretty cold trip - but you have to go swimming on holiday.

Anyway 63 degrees is tropical compared with Wales!