1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

rent a car at orlando airport or DME?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneymom, Aug 1, 2011.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

If we fly into orlando international I know we could rent a car there and drive to the resort

another option would be to to the disney magical express and then rent a car from nearby or in disney itself?

Which do you think would work better?

2. chief

chief Earning my ears

we pre booked our car rental with our travel agent and upgrade when we arrive.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think that is the best idea, especially if you plan on doing more than driving to the resort and parking. If you were just looking for transport to and from the airport, DME is fine.

If you want to do anything else at all, outside of WDW, you really are better off with your own car. I know you can take a cab anywhere you please, but that feels very limiting to me.

4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

we always rent at MCO seeing as we always stay off site at a villa. if i were staying onsite i still think id rent a car, that way we can go where and when we want :)