1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rest Days

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by piratemum, Jul 17, 2011.

1. piratemum

piratemum Earning my ears

Do you have rest days? There will be 2 adults and 3 children, between 14 - 6.

Is it better to only go to places for a little time and then have a break. We will be staying in a villa so the kids could spend time by the pool.

We are going for 15 days and I don't know if we will be able to go back, so I want it to be as special as possible for them.
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Definitely allow some rest time in between the parks or you will soon be exhausted trying to see and do everything.
    Many folk go to the parks early and then return to their resort or villa for a break, maybe returning later in the day if they want to see the fireworks etc. or to take dinner at WDW.
  3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

yes defo have rest days. we usually have rest days at the water parks :D
  4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We don't have rest days as such but we do have days (or part days where we don't go to the parks. We tend to spend time at Downtown Disney or take a boat out from one of the marinas or go shopping, spend a morning in Celebration, Boggy Creek airboat ride, or the resort pool etc, etc.
  5. chief

chief Earning my ears

last year when we went my 2 kids were 8 and 11. we were the ones exhausted and needing rest days lol. we had 4 full days at all the disney parks and then 1 day at the pool in our villa only going out for our pirate dinner on the evening. then we had another 4 full days out each day we were getting out of the villa later and later lol. the last day we only did downtown disney before going to the airport. because of the time difference from the uk to florida you are buzzing and wide awake very early at the start of your holiday, make the most of this and make it less frantic towards the end. enjoy x sarah:thumbsup:
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We don't have rest days as such, but then we don't go to the parks every day for the whole day. When we went with friends and their children, we would come back to the house in the afternoon if we were going out in the evening.
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Building in rests are important, especially for first time visitors. You can do it a couple of different ways. Spend part of the day at the park, and do as you suggest, the rest of the afternoon at the pool with maybe an evening return to the park.

Or plan full days at the park, spaced with days where you are not at the park at all. That can get a little tricky unless the weather chooses to cooperate!
  8. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

We are planing on a park day then a rest day (doing things such as water parks, discovery cove etc).
    I think you generally need to have your rest days, gives you a chance to enjoy your holiday without rushing from one place to another - plus gives your feet a chance to recover.
    :wiggle:
  9. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Our rest days are spent at the water parks, downtown disney/mall and one day on international drive where we do ripleys or titanic then crazy golf. One year we didnt have any proper rest days and when we got home it was very strange, it felt like we had been in a whirlwind and rushed through the holiday rather than enjoying it!
  10. piratemum

piratemum Earning my ears

So it sounds like rest days are a good idea, thanks.

I'll have to have a diary there is just so much to remember :)
  11. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

When I plan itineraries for my clients I build in rest time each day. Early morning to the parks and back by lunch at the resort and then hang at the pool. Other is a late afternoon start at the parks.

However the average US stay is 6 nights 7 days. You could take an entire day off from parks as there is so much other things to do.

Vinnie
  12. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

its also nice to have a rest day at the beach, we did 2 on our first trip cocoa and clearwater :)
  13. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Last year, whilst we were out there, family came out in our second week. They didn't have rest days except one day at a waterpark. They tried to get everything in and by the time we left them the day before their departure, things were not exactly chilled in their appartment. Everyone, apart from the kids, were snapping at each other and all looked stressed out.

On talking to them since I don't feel that they got as much out of their trip as we did. You've got to accept that you are going to miss things, it's not possible to do everything but just think about what it is you really want to see.

If you're anything like the rest of us, once you've been you'll want to go again, so plan to see what you miss the next time. :yes: