1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Restaurant close to US

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Slowhand, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I called into my office yesterday and was chatting with a guy there who spent Christmas last year in Orlando.
    He said that he had lunch on Christmas Day at a restaurant in a hotel near to Universal Studios which he thought was excellent. It was an Italian restaurant and it had a lake around which were Vespa motor scooters to add to the Italian theme.
    I would like to give this a try but unfortunately my colleague cannot remember the name of the place [he is a WDW "newbie"].....any ideas where I`m talking about?

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Ask him if Portofino Bay Hotel rings a bell.......it's on Universal Blvd.
    For the height of luxury in a Mediterranean seaside setting head straight for this exclusive hotel designed to resemble Italy’s idyllic seaside town of Portofino. The scenery is pure postcard with colorful fishing boats bobbing in the seductively curving bay, sun-bleached stucco buildings with shuttered windows and trompe l’oeil decorative facades, and a charming, waterside piazza loaded with appetizing restaurants.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That description fits with what he said Diane. :thumbs_up:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Glad to be of service then :p015: