1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Restaurant for really special meal

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by AKLnut, Jul 23, 2008.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

It will be our anniversary while we're at disney and I want to do something REALLY special. Not just ordinary places, but somewhere we otherwise not go to!

Anywhere in disney or beyond disney that fits the bill? Somewhere that looks special

Dont really mind about cost for this time just that its amazing

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Wellllllllllllllllllll I really really really love v&a :) it's expensive for sure but worth every penny.

California grill? A bit more normal but nevertheless every meal I've had there has been special

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Victoria and Alberts if you really want to push the boat out.

A lot of people say that Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge is a nice setting for a special meal too.

Or how about dinner in the castle?

4. keith

It's gone down a LITTLE recently :/ they seem to have servers who want to sit everyone in the most convenient location for them like right in front of the doors to the kitchen.

It's also been pretty empty every time we've been in the last few months which kills a bit of atmosphere.

HOWEVER on a good day, it's an exceptionally atmospheric place, easy to get into and with great food

5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Free Dining affecting service?

6. keith

I REALLY think so Dawn yep :(

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The Yachtsman's Steakhouse can be very nice. :yes: You'll need to like beef of course, although they do have other selections on the menu.

If you want off site, Morton's is close to Disney, and a very nice (quite pricey!) classic steakhouse. :yes:

Manuel's on 28th is incredibly nice (offsite, downtown Orlando) and wicked expensive. Atmosphere by the boat load though!

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We tend to do anniversaries and birthdays at The Melting Pot. It's fondue and lots of fun. It can also be very romantic.

9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

For a REALLY special meal, although it is pricey, IMHO Victoria & Albert's cannot be beat.

10. keith

I TOTALLY agree :p015:

I used to feel a little frustrated with them because the servers all pretended to be either victoria or albert which made it a bit weird, but they've stopped doing that. Now it's quite simply an excellent meal with excellent service.

11. Catherine

Catherine Earning my ears

We had our Anniversary meal last year at Narcoossies at the GF, even though there were a few children in there, to finish off watching the fireworks, from the deck outside with the lights low was really nice and romantic. The food was also really good too, much better than the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

12. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

V & A is a very nice restaurant for a special occasion. It is expensive but the food is fantastic.

California Grill is a another option which is less expensive then V&A. We have been there quite a few times and always had a lovely time. :p015:

13. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

Hi there,

We went to Maya Grill (I think it's Saratoga Springs) with some friends last October and found it to be fantastic. I wouldn't call it intimate, it's quite a large place but the setting is gorgeous, we sat outside watching the sun go down over the lake and had pre dinner drinks, the food is fabulous and although the servers are in Mexican costume it doesn't feel too themed.
    We wanted cheese and biscuits for dessert and our server went into the kitchen and sorted it even though it wasn't on the menu. We really felt like nothing was too much trouble. Great steaks, but lots of other choices too, fantastic wines, I was really surprised to find it was only 1 TS on free dining, (we paid OOP).

14. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We had our 5th wedding anniversay at Disney 2 years ago and wanted to go somewhere special. We would have liked to do V&A but it was just a bit too much out of our price range. After much deliberating we decided on Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. We even treated ourselves and spent the night in one of the concierge rooms as well. We let them know it was our anniversary and we had the best table in the place, they decorated it all for us and the chef made us a special dessert. We were made to feel as though we were the most important people in the world. I can't rate that place highly enough :)

15. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

How wonderful is that!? I knew they did nice things for you, but never realized to what extent!

Do you have photos by any chance? :D

16. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Oooo, will go and have a look....got a terrible feeling I don't though